• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Instantly Deselecting The Text Whenever I click it to select it and edit it.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never posted on this "Adobe Community Forum", but I think now I am forced to, because I am struggling with a glitch that messes up the speed of my work by miles.
Basically, whenever I add a text in Premiere pro, there's a high chance, that when I'll try to type the text into the panel, first selecting the text box, it instantly deselects my text and doesn't let me modify it... I tried spamming my way into this text box, I tried selecting and typing one letter - nope. It deselects faster.
I have no idea how to fix it, it's been going like this for over a month now, and the only temporary solution I have is saving, closing premiere, and opening it again. Then it lets me to edit the text for about 5 minutes, and then it breaks again.. It's really annoying considering most of my work is adding animated subtitles to every word being said x/
Is there any fix to this problem?
Cheers

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar bug in a previous release, try the latest PPro build and let us know if the bug persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Try To Clear Preferences and Cache:

• Close Adobe Premiere Pro completely.
  • Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and launch Premiere Pro again. This resets preferences to default settings.
  • Additionally, clear the media cache by going to Edit > Preferences > Media Cache. Click on Clean to remove cached files.
T.S

Votes

Translate

Translate