• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not using Nvidia GPU for rendering

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop has an Intel integrated GPU and a Nvidia Gtx960M GPU, however premiere pro will only use the Intel GPU for rendering, even if I have set the renderer to be CUDA and forced premiere to use the Nvidia GPU in Nvidia settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. Here's another older bug. I apologize for the lack of a response here, as well. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I've tried many combinations of settings as described in this thread but can only ever get either the CPU or the Internal GPU to render while my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti sits idle. It's like having a sports car in the garage but being forced to ride a bike instead. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue. I've tried the proposed solutions from the Adobe Forums but they didn't work. I have a laptop with integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Premiere is using the integrated GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who live on the Mac side of life:
Use this free tool to switch GPUs! I use this since years and it's great! 🙂
https://gfx.io/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my Nvidia 960, premiere seems super slow since 2018 update. And seems to only be using integrated graphics. Please fix this, Adobe! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS Surface Book 2, Nvidia GTX 1060, Intel UHD 620.

Ignored: Nvidia GTX 1060
Pinned: Intel UHD 620

FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6820HK 970m Premiere uses internal GPU and not the Nvidia.
8700K 1070ti same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Just did the update to version 12.1.2.Now my timeline plays all glitchy and freezes. Pulled up Task Manager and Premiere Pro is maxing out my 16BG of memory and only appears to be using the Intel HD Graphics 530 GPU instead of the Nvidia Quadro M1000M. Never had an issue until now! Please fix ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: MS Surface Book 2, Nvidia GTX 1060, Intel UHD 620

Here are the steps I followed over time. It was not until I completed Step 4 below that the NVIDIA GPU was utilized.
Steps 2 through 4 I did on 09/18/2018 to give reference to versions of fixes that were applied.
Premiere Pro is now flying and you can monitor the uptick of the NVIDIA GPU utilization in Task Manager > Performance tab.

Step 1: Go into Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel
“Global Settings” tab: set “Preferred graphics processor to: “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
“Program Settings” tab: add each program you want to specify using NVIDIA and set each to “High-performance NVIDIA processor”

Step 2: Download and run Surface Diagnostics Toolkit:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4037239/surface-fix-common-surface-problems-using-surface-d...

Step 3: Go into Device Manager > Display adapters and update drivers for both the NVIDIA and Intel graphics devices.

Step 4: Go into Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings (at bottom of page) and browse to the application you wish to add, i.e.:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Highlight the .exe file and select the ADD button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Alienware 17 R4 nvidia 1070 + intel HD630. tried different solutions no success, still using integrated GPU. But if I scrubble on a 4k clip playback outside premiere (movies & tv for example) Nvidia GPU reaches 100% and work smoothly. Inside premiere if I try to do the same is awful, the same on rendering. I may move to Mac and final cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOUND:

Simply go to device manager and temporarily disable integrated GPU, worked well for me on laptop with HD 620 and external GTX 1080. I disabled HD 620 so premiere had no choice :-). Guessing what is gonna happen when you disable the integrated one and disconnect the e-GPU....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10 - all patches applied. Premiere Pro CC v13.0. Dell XPS 8930 with nVidia GTX 1080. Premiere uses the embedded Intel Graphic processor instead of the GTX 1080. Cannot disable the embedded graphics in the BIOS. Disabling it in Device Manager causes the CPU to do all the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem... but my laptop /only/ has the Intel 620, how do i make it work if i dont have any other external equipment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution provided by Bernard Mulligan did NOT work for me. Also, if it's a Surface Book 2, we can't just download drivers from the Nvidia page - they're (solely) automatically provided via Windows Updates. Even if OP tried to download, the NVIDIA installer would not recognize the 1050 aboard. Please provide a solution because after searching through many forums it seems like LOTS of people have this same problem. You can't choose CUDA anymore in Project Settings. Premiere only uses the integrated graphics. If you try to disable the integrated Graphics (Intel 620) Premiere will use CPU only and setting Premiere to use the 1050 in the Nvidia Control Panel does nothing either. Nor does disabling OpenCL for the Intel chip in RegEdit.

We need your software to work (both meanings!) and we are paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Surface Book 2 with a 1050 and had similar issues (tried do disable the Intel 620 as well). I opened CMD and ran gpusniffer.exe. I got the message that the 1050 wasn't being used because the driver was out of date. Long story short. I went to NVIDIA and downloaded the current drivers directly. Now it's working. However, it seems that Premiere was using the CPU, Intel and Nvidia GPU's. Not sure if each was handling different aspects of the encoding/rendering. But the NVIDIA card was only utilized to 20% of capacity. While the CPU and Intel GPU were 30-80% respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Before that I also encountered the same problem as you, my surfacebook2 is also gtx1060, but when I use premiere it only detected the integrated graphics, did not detect my gtx 1060, so I tried to disable the integrated graphics, then start Premiere, but premier still can't detect gtx 1060, but use cpu for rendering. After that, I try to download the corresponding gtx 1060 graphics driver on the NVIDIA official website (pictured), after I install the driver and start the premiere. The gtx1060 graphics card was found to be detected by premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely frustrating. Why is this not getting prioritized??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: Addendum to my September 18, 2018 4:13 PM Surface Book 2 fix:
After updating Adobe Premiere Pro and numerous Windows Updates the Nvidia GTX 1060 stopped responding during video rendering, etc.
I am now back up and running. The following has my Nvidia GPU working properly along side my Intel UHD 620 and video processing is flying.
- I upgraded to Premiere Pro V.13.1.0 (build 193)
- I redid the steps in the September 18, 2018 4:13 PM post in this thread.
- I went to https://www.geforce.com/drivers and filled in the "Manual Drivers Search" with:
- - GeForce
- - GeForce 10 Series
- - GeForce GTX 1060
- - Windows 10 64-bit
- - English (US)
- - Standard
- - All

- I downloaded and installed the "GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL", version 425.31, Release Dates: Thu April 11, 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have GTX 1660 Ti on my PC but I cannot use GPU acceleration as a renderer. All black screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing issue since 2016 and it still hasn't been resolved.

Occasionally, I manage to fix it by updating or rolling back either PP or my GPU and disabling integrated, but I shouldn't have to and, it always reverts back to not working. To the point where I am forced to sell my laptop or switch to Resolve as it has built in 1060 GPU which, is NOT COMPATIBLE with Adobe. Obviously... People have had this issue with 1050's, 60's, 70's and even 80's and it's always laptops.

It's been 3+ years and there hasn't been a solution.

I'm ooooooout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've got a i9 with 630 IGP and a Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000. Renders +/-70% CPU load, 100% IGP and 0% on the Quadro. settings are on CUBA rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want that? Integrated is faster at encoding and decoding due to QuickSync, people been fighting Adobe trying to enable integrated for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since when is the integrated GPU faster than, say a GTX 1080? Are you saying Intel's QuickSync on a UHD Graphics 630 is faster than an nVidia GTX 1080 GPU? If so, then why doesn't Adobe just say so? I have had an open case on this for over 13 months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines