• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro sequences not syncing between computers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've just completed a full edit and copied the entire folder - project file and footage to the client, but the sequences are entirely different on their computer.

The sequences link to entirely different points on the original footage and so the edits are completely useless.

Strangely when they sent the project file back to me, I could see the errors they were seeing, it didn't relink as per the original edit.

The footage is all shot on Sonys FX3, FX30 and FX9 and we're both editing on the most recent version of Premiere Pro.

We thought this was a one off, but it's the second time this has happened now, with different clients.

Thank you for any help!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , How to , Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

You're probably experiencing this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/fixed-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first-frame-after-relink-in-23-4/idi-p/13814912

Fixed in 23.5. Note that once a project is relinked in 23.4 and saved, that project file cannot be used.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably experiencing this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/fixed-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first...

Fixed in 23.5. Note that once a project is relinked in 23.4 and saved, that project file cannot be used.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan... I'll check client has most recent Premiere and see if that fixes it.

Until then, I've found the XML export option has been the simplest workaround solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones Thank you for your guidance here.
@stephenmchapman Please let us know if the upgrade to 23,5 fixes it for you so that I can mark Stan's answer correct for others to see. Also, you got that part about NOT relinking and saving it in 23.4 before opening in 23,5, right? I'm only repeating it because it is very important.

Thank you both for your patience. This was a pretty unfortunate mistake on our part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stephenmchapman,

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad the xml works for you.

@jstrawn,

Thanks for being so active on the forums. Very appreciated.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate