• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro using ALL 128GB of RAM on every project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently posted this in the community forum with no answers. Seems like I'm the only one experiencing this:

After upgrading to Premiere v23.2 on my machine, it's using all 128gbs of ram on all projects I open. It didn't matter if the sequence had h.264 or prores media on it, sometimes it didn't even have vision, just audio and music, it'll still use up all my memory. My Studio driver is also up to date. This was not an issue prior to updating.

Currently I have tried clearing all media cache, limiting the RAM usage to 64gbs (it still jumps up to128gb), reset all preferences and workspaces. 

It's extremely frustrating because it'll slow the whole machine down and freeze the entire PC sometimes. It'll even continue to use all 128gbs of RAM after I close the project, it's literally using 128gbs of RAM for an idling project window. Everytime it happens I'll have to restart premiere and wait for it to slowly climb up to 100% RAM usage, and then restart again. 

I have no idea how to fix this, but I desperately need some help because this is not a workable at all...

PC spec:

AMD Threadripper 3970x

128gb 3600mhz DDR4

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?