• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere won's save new project in new location

Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a really bad issue, which is causing me to potentially lose work. And it create a lot of confusion. 

When I create a new project and try and save into the correct folder I have just made. I am finding that the project is saving in a totally different old project. I got to the end of a fairly big edit, and I realised that the saved file was in the wrong place. I managed to save it my finding the save in windows explorer (in the old folder) and paste it in the correct folder. I have to be really careful and make sure the file is there. Is there any reason why this is happening? I sure it is happening everytime I create a project. And it doesn't seem to happen with other apps. I am not sure if it is a windows or Premere problem. Best regards Julian 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that when you're saving your project and you're choosing the location, Premiere is saving your project in a different folder on its own?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was saying it was just saving into the wrong place. Although in hindsight I may have been just not selecting the right folder. Admittedly, I find it a little counter intuative having to choose a folder and before that you have to give a progect a name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make a new project, you can choose the lcation in New Project window.

Then, that's it.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I did just now. Again saved it in the previous folder. There is something odd going on. Had to move the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate