• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview monitor lags/freezes during playback of attached proxies.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro version: 22.6.2

CPU: i9900K

GPU: Nvidia 3070

RAM: 64GB

HD: NVMe

Origional clips are 1920x1080 .mp4 container and the proxies are 1280x720 prores. This looks like a bug, because I can play both the origional clip and the proxy fine with no lag, but I can't play the clip when it has an "attached proxy". 

Here is a 3minute video of me reproducing the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvxKJuPz9z0

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, Robby. Sorry about that. Which GPU driver are you running? If it's not 522. xx or earlier, perform a clean reinstallation of the earlier version of the driver. Let us know if that gets you going again.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Kevin-Monahan I've rolled back my driver version, but I am still having the same problem.

nvidia.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean reinstallation of the 517. xx drivers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Kevin-Monahan I've rolled back my driver version again, but I am still having the same problem.

nvidia-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Robby,

Try an earlier driver. Others are suggesting 517. xx I am running 516. xx.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan I've rolled back my driver version again, but I am still having the same problem.

nvidia-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, too bad. Sorry. The solution for the same issue in the past was to transcode the source media. I am not an engineer, but I assume that the overhead for playback of a clip with a proxy might be higher than playing those clips back individually. I'd have to ask an engineer to verify that.

I'm curious. Where do these HD clips come from, a DSLR? My DSLR also creates heavy H.264 files, so a lack of performance due to non-optimized media is possible.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @robbyjm ,

Thanks for the replies. Are you still having this issue? Let me know. I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines