• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with MXF Canon C70

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought a brand new Macbook M2 Pro 12 CORE 19 CORE GPU 16 ram mac os Sonoma 14.3.1. Instaled Premire Pro Version 24.2.1 (Build 2). I am editing project with Canon C70 MXF avci, 4096x2160, 23,976 fps, in a 1920x1080 sequence.

I have been working for 8 hours and I received 20 alerts saying " Error retrieving frame" and 1 alert saying "Frame subsistitution recursion attempt aborting aftre multiples attemps on file". And also sometimes the palyback gets slow. I am only using 2 videos tracks, one sound track, no .jpge, no .png, no motion. I am just begining my edit. So I am just cut, delete, copy paste clips, adjust some clips scales and position, 1 lumetri with a input lut, no speed change, no 3rd part plugins, full playback mode, one external monitor, my footage is in a external ssd in a thunderbolt 4 port.

Before buy this new macbook, I work in the last intel Imac with Premiere 23 and never get this alerts. And the playback was bit better than with this brand new macbook.

What is going on? Is it a bug? Am I doing anything wrong? What should I do to get a better perfomance?

Thank you.

Fernando Alves
Editor
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , How to , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

@fernando alves Thanks for reporting this issue, can you please try your project with latest beta build of PremierePro and check if it is working fine for you or not? 

Regards,

Khyati Gupta 

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fernando alves Thanks for reporting this issue, can you please try your project with latest beta build of PremierePro and check if it is working fine for you or not? 

Regards,

Khyati Gupta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hhyati Gupta, how are you. I installed Premiere Pro Beta version. Yes, it is much better. I have been working for 3 hours and no alert at all during this period. Playback is nice. So far no problem at all! But lost some of my work. I think because open the project in beta version. So Khyati for how long should I work in this beta version?

Thanks a lot!

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Premeire belta also has wierd things. For exemple, when i play fast foward (L) or backwards (J) and play it normal speed again the footage gets glitcs for each 2 normal frames , one glicht frame. And still like this for two cicles (2 normal, 1 glitch, 2 normal, 1 glitch and then backs to normal). My set up still the same.

Canon C70 MXF avci, 4096x2160, 23,976 fps, in a 1920x1080 sequence. My sequence settings is this:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 22.40.06.png

This never happen to me in my old Imac Intel core I9. 

The glitch looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 22.35.14.png

Thanks a lot!

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fernando alves Sorry for delay in reply. Thanks for checking beta version 24.4 release of ours will have changes that were present in beta version. Glitch issue which you are reporting we will try it at our side and fix it.

Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fernando alves

I've faced playback issues while working with Canon C70 footage as well, and it can be extremely irritating.

Working with proxies seemed to solve my issue. I created proxies using Premiere Pro (creating proxy jobs within Premiere) and toggled the proxies on while editing.

I think having an edit friendly codec (Something like ProRes 422 LT, or ProRes Proxy) reduced the stress on Premiere and ensured a smoother playback.

While glitching footage is not acceptable, and I understand that in the later stages of the edit one may want to see the crisp RAW footage even while editing, proxy footage worked just fine during assembly. After reaching the first cut if I wanted to review the edit with the RAW footage I rendered the sequence to review.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,

Yash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fernando alves  - I'm checking in on this issue.  Are you still having trouble or has the latest Premiere builds helped you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @fernando alves and @Yash Nene,

Is it possible to give feedback about how the format is working with Premiere Pro 24.5? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Take Care,

Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate