• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program monitor window in custom workspace disappears when switching between Export and Edit tab

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Program monitor window in custom workspace disappears when switching between Export tab and Edit tab
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 24.0
  • Operating system - Windows 10 Pro 22H2
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz

• GeForce RTX 2080 super, 546.33

• 32,0 GB

• Internal

• Video format: mxf
  • Workflow details: Tell us any specific info about the project or sequence. For example, is it a multicam sequence?
  • Steps to reproduce - (Very important!) Working in Premiere in my custom workspace, go to Export tab, set the export, click Export or Send to Media Encoder, Premiere switches to Edit tab automatically, but my Program monitor window is gone. When I click Window > Program Monitor to turn it on, it is already checked as it would be open. Ihave to reset to saved layout to get it back.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Export , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to report this. I can see how that would be a real workflow problem. I was unable to make the same thing happen locally on a similar system, so perhaps you could do things to help us investigate the problem:

(1) Upgrade to the latest public version of PrPro which is currently 24.1.

(2) Save your workspace and share it with me. You can find the 'Save as new workspace...' command inside the Window > Workspaces menu. Then you should be able to send me a private message with that workspace attached.

You might also take a look at this thread which describes a similar but slightly different problem:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/non-primary-windows-disappear-after-exporting-in-23...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying.

1 - I'm catching a project deadline so I won't update until it's done.

2 - I sent you a DM with pics of the .xml, code is too large I guess and browser freezes everytime I try to insert it as a code sample

Update: Program monitor doesn't disappear if it's docked together with another panel, which solves my problem temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate