• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

proxy color management

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color Management.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

This something we're aware of and working on. I don't have a date for a fix but the work is well underway - we know exactly what the issue is and the correct way to solve it.

Regards, Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m so upset... i´m getting the same issue..
after 6 years using this software, instead of getting more friendly they messed up with the colors system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another serious problem with the correct color display. We all mostly use Proxies in large projects, although I think that we can do without them if we properly balance the speed of the output on the timeline with freezes and lags at the present time. But, this is a separate topic for conversation. A new function with color control is introduced here, but it is raw and unfinished. What is it for and why users experience very huge inconveniences. Even more projects are disrupted and postponed until this childish mistake is eliminated. Is anyone testing new features before their official release??? Just do not say that there is a Beta version of Premiere, users test there, after which we release. You must have a person from Adobe, specially, I emphasize, specially working in test projects to identify sores before publication. Then there will be fewer problems. There is no such person, hire him in the state, what is the problem. Why should the user suffer from ridiculous flaws. By the way, this is an important function on which the fate of the project depends. If you can't do quality updates, don't release them. Develop, test, then launch. Pay attention to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be fixed in Premiere Pro 22.3 Beta build 56 for me. Can anybody else test and confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Thomas. Tried using Beta app but it didn't work for me:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally you should support SDR 10 bit *3 option like in Photoshop and HDR PQ and HLG (if windows even permits HLG) native output. Tonemapping to sdr is simple to do with libplacebo 🙂
Also color managment should happen in all cases. Whether it is primaries pal to smpte-c or whether it is bt.2020 to bt.709, or whether it is Display P3 sdr photo from iPhone 7 up to iPhone 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 22.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mean time, there has been an update for Premiere, but this is still not solved. Any updates?
Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was such a fundamental necessity for editing that I gave up and have switched to using Apple's Compressor to create proxies and then attach them in Premiere - avoids all of Adobe's bugginess. So far has been a big time saver as it works as expected with no surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe developers, when will the Lumetri Scopes panel work normally??? Since the v.22 Premiere update, this panel freezes when opening and freezes every time I switch between workspaces. In the last update, I can't work at all matching colors with what I'm doing on the timeline. THE Lumetri Scopes panel DOES NOT DISPLAY COLOR CHANGES IN MY EDITS. To be clear, when adjusting the color using the sliders, Lumetri Scopes becomes inactive for a long time. This happens more than once. But constantly. After dropping all the settings, it works once, then problems again. Painting frames using Scopes is not just impossible, I would say IMPOSSIBLE. Now tell me, when is this damn problem going to be fixed? I'm already tired of writing on all possible topics. This situation continues with v.22 Premiere. Now in v. 22.3.1 you cannot work with Scopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ one on this. Why did premiere make a function no one wants and now we can't make proxies that work any more!!!!! so annoyed I need to make proxies for an edit and they have this terrible LUT added which I can't turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This something we're aware of and working on. I don't have a date for a fix but the work is well underway - we know exactly what the issue is and the correct way to solve it.

Regards, Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @R Neil Haugen,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I'm glad you got a response from @Fergus H. It is marked as "Started." Are you still having this issue? Or has the team not yet fixed this issue? Let me know. I want to update this bug.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to have been fixed in the 24.x series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines