Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Queries on Merged Clips: Duplicates and Audio/Video Discrepancy

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two inquiries regarding my editing process:

1. Is there a method to identify duplicates of merged clips? Despite copying and pasting them into various folders and checking video usage, I can't seem to locate the duplicates.

2. Additionally, I merged a video and an audio file with clear endpoints. However, upon opening the merged clip, I noticed that the initial audio track extends beyond the other tracks, including the video. The sync clips appear accurate. What could be causing this discrepancy?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Merge clips"is not the best tool for joining video and audio files to use as a clip. I've been told by devs at NAB it's kinda sort of a quick & dirty way to quickly join something on a timeline, but ... it loses the audio metadata in toto, and doesn't transfer via XML/EDL/AAF at all either.

So ... the "multicam process" is the designed tool for joining video with separate audio. Odd as that sounds at first. Because it doesn't at all need multiple video or audio tracks.

In fact, if you've got a bin with 10 video files, and 10 separate audio files from each shoot, select all, "make multicam" ... you'll get 10 multicam sequences .... which essentially, you use then as a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate