• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Audio Time Units" syncing just UN-SYNCS back to the nearest frame when I move my clips. Why?!

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I sync multiple audio tracks down to the nearest sample using "show audio time units" and THEN move my clips to a different part of the sequence, to a new sequence, duplicate the sequence, or even just close and re-open my project file, all the audio in my sequences un-syncs back to where it was originally, to the nearest frame. It's like premiere just forgests everthing about where I moved my audio track to at a sample level and only remembers information at the frame level. 

All my audio is in 48 kHz and it's not a drift issue. All the clips just un-sync when I do any of those things above.

Anyone have a solution or workaround for this, or is it just a bug in premiere they need to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's kind of a wonky work-around.

Select show audio time units, make your adjustments.

Then adjust the start and end of the audio clip so it aligns with the start and end of your video (or to the nearest frame, which is hard to see unless you have a video clip to snap it to)

BEFORE you move any clips around (as this will undo your wor) right-click and select "edit clip in adobe audition". Then just close audition.

This solidifies the audio and it won't slip back. It will create a new audio file with the same name with "Audio Extracted" amended to it. That file will be placed next to the original on your computer and in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines