Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad network response from transcription

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Currently facing an issue where I am not able to transcribe sequences due to 'bad network response'. I have a perfectly normal internet connection to my PC and working on Adobe for Teams. This has only become an issue this morning, been working for the last few months fine. Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,
Flo

0d221970416d5dc5787baa4aa9956e27.png 

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v22.0.0.31
    OS: Windows v10.0.19043, RAM: 15.93 GB, CPUs (logical): 12

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

You should have received a notification via the Creative Cloud desktop app about the end of service date for the cloud-based s2t service: From the s2t help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.html). We apologize if you did not receive the notification.

For users running Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0 or 22.1 

Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current versio

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

It sounds like there is an issue with your account information that might need manual clean up by support. 
Can you get in contact with support to inspect your account? If the desktop apps are seeing something that the account page does not see, it is quite likely that the cloud service is seeing the same issue and not letting it pass.

--

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue!

The first step to determine the root cause would be to open https://account.adobe.com/ to make sure all your licenses are showing up as expected and there are no warnings.

Next would be to log out and back in from the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

As a last step you can try to open https://adobe-voice.adobe.io/ in a browser - if this displays a warning like "Oauth token is not valid", it means that you can connect to the service itself. If you can not connect to this, you might need to update your firewall settings or follow up with your IT department to get this host onto the allow-list of the network.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for this and the prompt reply! I have checked my licenses at https://account.adobe.com/ and everything looks normal, no warnings; there is only a "Billing Issue" warning showing up from within Adobe apps when I start them up, but that is always there and there never actually is a billing issue when I check my account.

I've logged out and logged back in from the CC desktop app with no luck unfortunately.

Opening  https://adobe-voice.adobe.io/  shows:

Error code: 401013

Regardless, I've added this host to the allow-list on the network and the problem still isn't resolved I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Flo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like there is an issue with your account information that might need manual clean up by support. 
Can you get in contact with support to inspect your account? If the desktop apps are seeing something that the account page does not see, it is quite likely that the cloud service is seeing the same issue and not letting it pass.

--

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The billing issue you see on the account could be the reason for the error, as the account could be suspended.
Were you able to find a fix for this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

I am having the same issue. I have updated, logged out and back in, I have checked my licensing, and my firewall is working where it shows the "Oauth token is not vaild". I also uninstalled and re-installed the program. I am not sure what to do next to fix the problem. Any advise would be very helpful!

Sincerely,

Rachel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running PR 15.4?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. I am really stumped at why it isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

thank you for reaching out to us about the issue. Which license type do you use? Are you on a corporate / educational license or single user license?
It sounds like there might be an issue with your license information on the backend which might not be reflected back to you. This might be a case where support might be able to check your account for any false alarms (e.g. suspended because of issues with the payment provider or similar - which might be non obvious before your plan reaches the expiry date)

Best regards,
 Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alexander,

I have an education license. I have reached out to my college to see if any
things is wrong.

Sincerely,
Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

Did you check if the account had any billing issues?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

I have the same issue but I'm using Adobre Premiere Pro with a Trial. Should Speech to Text workin a trial?

I have no issues accessing https://adobe-voice.adobe.io/

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JAVIER2204134607lc,

No, the Speech to text feature in Premiere Pro works with the paid subscription only and not the trial.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You should have received a notification via the Creative Cloud desktop app about the end of service date for the cloud-based s2t service: From the s2t help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.html). We apologize if you did not receive the notification.

Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current version of Premiere Pro for full Speech to Text functionality. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the auto transcript which have been using for months but I now get the message: 

"Received Bad Network Response" 

Why am I experiencing this and how do I fix it? 

I've looked at previous threads on this from 2 years ago and THERE IS NO RESOLUTIONS! 

How do I contact support directly? Is there such a thing where you can contact support directly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Use Latest builds check if your facing the same issue or not? 

thanks,

Suraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have received a notification via the creative cloud desktop app within the last 6 months about the end of service date for the cloud based s2t service:

From the s2t help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.html)

Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current version of Premiere Pro for full Speech to Text functionality. 

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and with 22.3 version?

It works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 22.3 supports "local transcription," and does not rely on the cloud network connection.

A network connection is required to download language packs other than English, which is installed with the PR update.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Looks like I need a new Mac Pro. Damn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly frustrating for many many reasons. As a full time editor, I have 3 different versions of Premier (each with their own bugs and issues and each for different companies I work for who choose not to auto-update because they too have their own builds they find work best for them) 

I have found that version 15.4.5 is the most stable version without forfeiting any features I need for my jobs. I delivered a finished project last week for a company having just transcribed a video and now am unable to do so on this build without updating. Please know that if there are many users like myself who are happily working on an "outdated" version of the program, it is because we have lost countless hours on projects we get paid to complete due to unforeseen bugs in updated builds. Most notoriously for me, was the timeline scrub glitch that I hear was finally fixed 3 years after the April 2020 build that broke Legacy Titles and the timeline. 

Just came here to vent some frustration. It's things like this that make me wonder if I'm overpaying for a service that requires me to tweak things on my own end - paying monthly for service, yet working in an old build that works best for me, only to update yet again to a version that I'll have to navigate new bugs on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew,

I hear your frustration. Different companies; different versions: painful.

A workaround for the issue raised here, since it sounds like you are keeping multiple versions working:

Open a copy of your project in a PR version 22.2 or newer. Transcribe. Export the transcription - the proprietary .prtranscript file. Then open the project in the version you are using for the actual edit, and import the transcript.

A hassle for sure. Let us know if it works for you.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources