• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendered areas in my timeline disappear after a while

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendered areas in my timeline disappear after a while. It turns red or yellow. I just started experiencing this. My computer is M1 Max 32C 32 Ram 1 TB SSD 16" Macbook Pro. The footages I use are Sony A7IV 4K 25fps 4:2:2 10 bit XAVC S codec 140mbps

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @SONER,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SONER,

Sorry, I have seen this in the past. Thanks for providing info on your system and media for Premiere Pro developers.

They may need a bit more info, though. You can refer to: How do I write a bug report?

Are you working with version 23.0?
Which version of macOS?

How do you reproduce this issue? Do you shut down the computer, reboot it, and then it happens?

What is the video preview codec in Sequence Settings?

Do you put these video preview files on a separate disk or your Mac HD? 

I think devs will want more details along these lines so they can reproduce the issue. Thanks.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you Kevin, Hi 🙂
Yes I was using version 23. I had the same problem when I later tried it with version 22.6. I'm using MacOs Ventura 13.0.1. And no, I don't need to turn off the computer. Put Premier Pro in the background. I do a little research in my web browser and come back and they are gone. I haven't changed the video preview codec in the Sequence Settings in my life. I always create the sequence with my main video. I think Premiere does ProRes 422 LT as a default.

Thanks, best regards
Soner ÅžahinbaÅŸ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an external drive?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea what is goong on with this?   I have a 90 mins timeline, all proxied.   I render it, save the project and close out, reopen, and something like a third of the timeline has gone from green to yellow and needs to be rendered again?   This is v23, on macOS 12.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have. But I editing all my project on internal ssd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. I'll see if I can get a reproducible case. I see another editor with the problem in the main Discussion Board and will add it here. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey P,

Can you upvote this bug, please? Also, are you on the same MacBook Pro as the OP? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not same - mine is a 2020 i9 2.4, 64/8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update on this - today I reopened a project in which I had carefully spent last week entirely rendering every timeline, and all renders had disappeared.   So tonight I'm having to re-render multiple 90 min timelines again.

This happens ALL THE TIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening to me every day for 1-2 months in every project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left my computer rendering everh sequence in a project overnight - took maybe 3-4 hours or something.   Came in this morning, all timelines greem.   Saved project, closed project, reopened project (did not quit PP), and all timelines are unrendered again (yellow).

Infuriating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved the entire Production to a Mac Studio, rendered everything, and a day later most of the renders have disappeared.   So it's not architecture based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about trying render and replace as a workaround...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Are video preview files on an external drive? A NAS? Any details on the disk you render to? If nothing is unusual, try changing the video preview codec to ProRes 422. Any change? 

Hopefully, I can get the product team to weigh in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All media and renders are on an external RAID.   All Previews are ProRes Proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the issue is the external raid...    Can you check to see if the preview files are actually still on the raid?  They should exist in the folder you've set up in your project settings scratch disk...  Also, you might double check that the permissions for that folder are correct...  How is the raid formatted?    Maybe, as a troubleshooting step, try changing the scratch disk for video previews to the internal raid see if that solves the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAID is a Thunderbay4 SoftRAID, formatted MacOS Journaled.   Permissions are set to be ignored on the RAID.   Both Previews folders have lots of render files, as expected, and there's 20TB free on the RAID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this very moment, I spent 20 mins rendering the entire film - all green, fully rendered.   Save All, then Quit.   Without doing a single other thing, I immediately reopened the same project, and 1300 previews have disappeared and need rendering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that software raids are less dependable than hardware raids, bwdik.  strongly suggest you try rendering to a non raid to see if that solves the problem.  If it does, then we can try and figure out what's going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had initally been rendering to a single drive SSD, but that had exactly the same problems.   I guess I can dig out another Thunderbolt drive and try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and have you tried "render and replace?"  You can always go in and change your edit if you need to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have tried rendering to a local SSD, I don't think the RAID is the issue...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried that because the timeline is too much 'in progress' and I'll just constantly be unpicking them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure it's that much more time-consuming...  bwdik...  and probably a useful troubleshooting step...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines