Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right and left arrow keys don't work anymore

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For an unknown reason, the right & left arrow keys don't work anymore in Premiere. I can't jump one frame at a time, left or right. The up and down arrows keep working properly. I haven't changed anything in the key mapping or the settings in general.

I checked the forums, it seems other people encountered this problem. In most cases it gets solved by unchecking the "Display audio time units" so that we see proper video frame units. I checked and unchecked this setting, but nothing changed.

I checked that the arrow keys have a proper mapping (in case Adobe changed this setting in a recent upgrade), but everything seems fine there.

I did a complete Premiere reboot, no change.

Has anyone experienced the same problem lately? Any hint to fix it? Thanks!

PremierePro 23.2.0

MacBook Pro M1 2021

MacOS Ventura 13.0

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try resetting preferences:

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.
  1. Windows: Ctrl+Alt+Shift.
  2. macOS: Command+Option+Shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It solved the problem, thank you!!!

Curious about what may have happened. As explained in my post, I didn't change any setting. Any clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences unfortunately didn't work for me. I've reinstalled the software and tried from a net new project. I also tried directly on the laptop (as opposed to using my Bluetooth keyboard) and nothing works. When using the right and left arrow, the playhead doesn't move and the "Graphics & Titles" menu blinks (I'm on a Macbook Pro, using the latest Ventura).

The fix that I found was to set my Keyboard Layout Presets to "Adobe Premiere Pro CS6" instead of "Adobe Premiere Pro default" in the "Keyboard Shortcuts..." menu. This is a downgrade in terms of keyboard functionnality, but for my use, it's something I can work with (at least much better then not being able to move frame-by-frame).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Resetting everything didn't work, and when using the right and left arrow, the playhead didn't move and the "Graphics & Titles" menu blinks.

I went to Premiere Pro/Keyboard shortcut. In the search bar, I looked for "Step back 1 frame",  I dragged and dropped it on the drawing of the left arrow. I did the same with the right arrow but with "step forward 1 frame" and everything is back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this fix. It worked for me too. That said, why do we have to deal with such trouble? I have lost quite an amount of time with this issue that adds up to other issues with Premiere. The more I use it, the less reliable it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue twice in the last three months. This is what worked for me.

Ctrl+A, copy the content on the offending sequence, create a new sequence and paste content into this new sequence.

This is what has worked for me twice in the last three months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 
I have the same issue with "Graphics & Titles" menu blinking when typing arrows keys. 
I tried to restore the default preference settings, it doesn't worked,
I tried to create a new sequence, a new project, doesn't worked,
tried to force shortcuts "Step back 1 frame" and "Step forward 1 frame",
it worked, but then, when I use arrows in any custom panels, it goes back or forward ont timeline panel instead of goning left and right on the panel.

I have the same problem at home on a Mac mini m1 Os 14 (premiere pro 23 and 24) and at work on Windows 10 (PP 23 and 24)

Is this a kown issue ? Is there anything i can do ? 

Thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. my "Graphics & Titles" menu blinks I'm on a Space Black Sonoma, 14.3 (23D56)
Thanks for the CS6 option, at least I can work now..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and after doing several tests with Adobe technical support for 2.5 hours, the technician's solution was to change the left arrow and right arrow keyboard shortcut to "Step Back 1 Frame" and " Step Forward 1 Frame".

I don't understand why this shortcut has disappeared, I have been editing for 20 years and I have always used my arrows to go forward or back an image. Anyway, it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try unchecking the "Show Audio Time Units" in your panel settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate