Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubbing timeline looks correct, but preview play does not show speed change

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've got a b roll clip on top of part of my video. I've changed the speed to 250%. This is from the Android built in screen capture (not sure about variable frame rates, bit beyond me). The b roll clip played fine before the speed change. I've used clips from this same source in previous video projects and even sped them up without issue. I'm on a Mac.

If I scrub the timeline, it looks perfect. If I play in the preview window, it incorrectly plays at 100% speed until the end of the clip and it starts speeding up. 

I tried closing the project, clearing ALL cached files (via Premiere preferences). But it's still the same. 

I *assume* the preview when scrubbing (which shows what I would expect) is the correct one. But it is very hard to edit without seeing the correct b roll in the preview playback. 

Any advice to fix playback? Many thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE I did an export to confirm the preview when scrubbing was correct rather than the play preview. And it is indeed.  

I tried another cache delete, too. Still plays back wrong speed in preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines