• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe timeline lag even after creating proxies (23.6)

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having a frustrating issue with a project that is so laggy that editing is impossible.

Here's the story:

Project media lives on a OWC Thunderbay 4 (64tb) external drive configured to RAID 0. Mostly 6k Red footage, with some temp low res (320p) b roll in H 264. 

I setup (back in 2022), organized, and edited this the project on my maxed out (64gb) MacBook M1 Max Premiere. Everything worked great except for some sort of bug that made my multi cam interviews lag in a sequence, so as a work around I would just flatten them and everything would work full speed. 

I then was asked to hand off the project to another editor a month ago, who is working on an intel iMac with 46gb of ram (not sure the other exact specs). One thing to note is he upgraded the project to premiere 2023.6. He is experiencing extreme lag where any click or key hits are delaying several second (spinning loading icon) which makes the project uneditable.

We created prores (medium resolution) proxies to try and fix the problem. We confirmed the proxies are attached etc. and the clips seem to play back smoother in the source monitor, but everything still lags when trying to playback/scrub through the timeline. 

At this point I don't know what else to try, we've tried all the other standard fixes that include deleting media cache, starting a new project and importing it, alloting maximum ram, 1/8 resolution, restarting the system,  talking to adobe support for hours, and trying the project on Premiere 2024. 

It seems like it's some sort of bug relating to his computer as we again tried the project on my M1max MacBook and it runs good even without proxies. 

Is there any sort of suggestions anyone has OR DOES SOMEONE KNOW A PREMIERE PRO TECH WIZARD IN LOS ANGELES I COULD HIRE TO FIX THIS?

The producer hired this editor to work on the project for 12 weeks, and we are going into week 5 without being able to fix this so this is a massive issue for us.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you !!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to note is he upgraded the project to premiere 2023.6.

Try 2023.0 version, its have a bugs, but faster.

if editor stays on 2023.6, then let he turn off  hi quality playback, show fx and proxy badges, show duplicate frame markers

may be it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate