• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since the latest update on Premiere Pro, I've lost the ability to drag in essential graphics...Help!

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update on Premiere Pro, I've lost the ability to drag in Adobe's essential graphics. I'm in the middle of 3 different videos and suddenly after the update to the latest version-- 23.2 (automately done 4 days ago) --the essential graphic I've been using--can be dragged but just disappears. Also, the transition I've been dragging into the video, suddenly doesn't drag into the video anymore. (I'm afraid to open the other 2 unfinished videos in case this happens with them too!)

Another bug but it could be related, is that the timeline starts scrolling when I move my curser to one of the effect control panels (or anywhere) to make a change, etc. So frustrating and I lose my place in editing the 20 minute video. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , Graphics , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences, see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted the laptop and no good. I couldn't find a reset of my preferences since I had customized my preferences and didn't want to start all over from scratch. My husband. who's a IT wheeze came up with a solution: Rename the essential graphic I want to use---it creates a new version (usually shows up on the bottom of the panel)---and it's one that works when dragged into the timeline! There's still a bug in this version, but this is a great 'work-a-round'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us a little more about what you mean by the "essential graphic" you've been using and where are you dragging it from and to? If you are working form a mogrt (Motion Graphic Template) file, sharing that file with us would be a great start if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the standard ones that come with Adobe Premiere Pro. No imports from elsewhere. Not the top 4 but all the subheads and the tag lines don't show up after being dragged into the timeline--there's just a blank box and no text. They used to work but with the update to the latest version, they're not functioning as they should. Something is corrupting them.

I'm happy with the work-a-round but I know it's not ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still need a screenshot or the name of one of the factory mogrts you're using so I can try the same thing myself. I don't understand how renaming a mogrt would help. Did you rename it in the EGP or on disk? I'll need exact steps for what you're doing to see the bug and then maybe some more steps for your workaround. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate