• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow editing experience when editing from fully kitted out network infrastructure

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, for several reasons I have no choice but to edit from a network server on our local network. Despite the performance increase from having the footage stored locally, with the size of our projects this is just not possible. However I’ve noticed that despite having fully spec'd out servers and network infrastructure e.g 100GP/S networking and fully ssd server arrays, Premiere runs far slower on the media server than having the footage stored locally. From testing, there is no bottlenecks from the desktop to the server, Premiere just doesn’t seem to want to use the full 100gb/s bandwidth, the network drives are faster than the local drive and its mostly one editor at a time accessing the files. Is there any way to force Premiere to perform better over the network, optimise it or prioritise it.

This is a issue that has been plaguing us for years that we have fully kitted out machines but the software just isn’t quite working with me. I could switch to DaVinci yes but its just not that particle for the rest of the team.

appreciate your time effort for reading

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , Graphics , Import and ingest , Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?