• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color Matte’s color picker to match something else with solid colors. The results will always be different. (As shown in the image with the color bars.)
Currently, the only way to properly sample any color is to turn off color management first, as I demonstrate in this short clip. (45:41 to 46:21)
https://youtu.be/QPubgoqtfbk?t=2741

Currently, only the eyedroppers inside the Lumetri Color effect work correctly when color management is enabled. (As far as I know)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, people are telling me they're COLOR PICKERS, not "eye droppers." Yeah. That's probably a better name for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have this fixed, not cool to have to change color management every time I want to eye drop a color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support the author of the post and everyone who is waiting for the clarification of this function. I still don't know how to configure it correctly in order to correctly make a color selection. And imagine you paint your skin tone and how it affects your assessment. It's time to fix this and there should be nothing that restricts your work. We are waiting waiting waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jep i face this Problem daily. We shoot 10Bit h264 for Chromakey.
Impossible to pick the Color of the Green screen....what a "kindergarden".
I choose..no i guess the color myself out of the palette what take much longer then it should be ..if it its working as it should be..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eyedropper has issues even with color management disabled, just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started with the latest version for me with the Change to Color effect which is now under obsolete? I use that effect like it's a religion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solution worked for me to make the color picker in the essential graphics panel select the correct color. I am first noticing this problem in Premiere v22.0, build 128. It was picking a color near by not exactly the color chosen. When I sampled the color from a still of the frame using Photoshop, and copied the hex code, and pasted it into the color picker, it was still off.

"Currently, the only way to properly sample any color is to turn off color management first".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eyedropper has issues even with color management disabled, just saying. +1

Moderator note: Edited for content. Please do not use all caps when creating a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @TaranVH,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long while since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines