• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Monitor In and Out markers not working

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to set a mark In or Out point in the source monitor, nothing happens.  Works fine in my timeline, though.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered it does mark In and Out points in the source monitor, but doesn't show the In and Out points visually.  I entered my In and Out points, although I couldn't see them, dragged and dropped video clip in timeline and it worked.  I'm using the latest version of Premiere Pro 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. The workaround is to import to the Project Panel before opening in the Source Monitor. Already fixed in the Beta version:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/can-t-mark-in-or-out-on-the-source-monitor-after-la...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the 'not being able to set in and out points in the source monitor for media browser footage' bug, I'm also experiencing the issue where setting an out point in the source monitor (on footage in the project, obviously) with playhead stopped causes the playhead to play.  Am I missing a setting or is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much , Stan!  Appreciate you clearing that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced this too.  Workarounds are not a fix and something this basic should have been caught prior to the release.  The workaround suggest is awkard at best and definetly much more time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate