• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source monitor takes ages (like 10 secs) to refresh after editing clip into timeline.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this issue appear in the later releases of PP2023. When editing from source footage, in the source monitor, into the timeline and switching back to the source to scrub through the footage, the picture in the source freezes for a while. When you're going through rushes looking for selects this slows things down considerably and almost makes the software unusable. I was hoping that the release of PP2024, with it's promise of 4x faster editing, would have resloved the issue but it's still present. I'm editing on a M1 Max Mac Studio with HD footage on a usb-c SSD.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new year and new release and I'm still having awful issues with the source monitor. It's almost unusable. It's quicker to add the source clip to a timeline and edit it in the program monitor than select in and out points in the source. I've done a clean system install since and it's still the same. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate