• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still crashing when changing Workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Premiere Pro as of October 21, 2023 and yet..STILL..crashing when trying to change workspaces.

We're too busy playing with AI to fix the core issues of Premiere Pro. I never had these constant crashes with Final Cut or DaVinci Resolve.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been a few reports of this happening. Most are working fine, naturally ... and it sucks to be having issues.

But posting your OS/hardware/media/effects used does help to pinpoint where it's happening, so it can be fixed ... either with (normally) advice on resetting something on your machine or at times a bug fix for the app. (I'm all and only about practical.)

And as someone who works for/with/teaches pro colorists, mostly based in Resolve, I'm in that app and on the LGG and BM forums daily. A major complaint about R is that it's become "Adobe" ... the 18.x series has been a pain for a lot of users. 

I think when you try like both Adobe and BM are doing to be the One App for every user across all hardware, media, and effects ... well ... there's an inherent problem there.

Baselight is by far the most stable app I know of. You spend $13,000 to $19,000 to buy the computer from them, you never EVER put anything else on that computer, and ... you also pay a stiff yearly licensing fee.

But it's rock stable, that's for sure ... 

As for the "playing with AI" ... I've got some friends, full pro shops ... who are really stunned at what they can do with some of the new machine learning/AI tools. Now.

They're not playing with it ... it's making them money. I need to learn some new tricks, it seems ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate