• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no fix for very slow playback and frame substitution recursion with MXF files

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These non stop bugs are a huge problem and ones that I've had since last May's update. Fergus reached out and said he would personally help me. I sent him an entire card of MXF files from my c300 mark iii and the C70. 

He said he couldn't recreate the problem and then I lost all contact with him. There is no solution to this problem and Adobe refuses to fix it. So I am moving to Resolve and ending my subscription. I am so astonished that they are just letting this happen. Every profesional I know in the industry is leaving or has already left. That is a crying shame. The end of an era. Your profesionals have left. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Hello @cristaRock ,

Thanks for the message. Are you still having this issue? You say you have moved to another platform. I'll move your post to the Discussions board in case you still need help with this. Sorry for the letdown.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macPro running Monterey 

3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

This bug happens non stop with a multi camera timeline. The longer the timeline the more lag. It's so bad sometimes that I can't even get it to play at all. 

Now I have been over the issue with tons of tech support folks at Adobe. As a matter of fact this case is still open. This problem is all over your message boards. People are leaving in droves. No professional I know is still using premiere. I think I'm the last one. This same thing happened to Final Cut when they decided to cater to consumers rather than professionals. It was the end of them and everyone left to come to Premiere. Now here we are 12 years later and the same thing is happening to Premiere. They decided to make a huge update and effectively wiped all usability with mxf files. So, no I wont be hanging around. I've already wasted too much of my time. I'm tired of waiting and I'm fed up. You've lost yet another professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crista, 

I am so sorry for not have followed-up with you! My sincere apologies. 

When we spoke on the phone, I mentioned that the files you are using are XF-AFC Long GOP, do not benefit from any hardware acceleration, and are very complex to play well smoothly. I suggested that using the XF-AVC Intra format on the C300 and C70 would be a better choice. That option is in the "Main Resolution / Bit Rate" menu of the camera; any of the resolution options that has "Intra-frame" has part of the name - i.e., "3840x2160 Intra-frame" - is XF-AVC Intra frame and will play well on your Mac. 

Where I dropped the ball is that I said I would get back to you with any additional information about whether the errors you are seeing are what we would expect with this format on a Mac Pro without an Afterburner card. A colleague of mine is testing that today and I will provide you the results as soon as I have them. Version 23.1 of Premiere Pro does have some performance improvements for .MXF files but before I suggest you try the beta, we'll do some testing of your files, on a Mac Pro, to see if it will help. 

Again, my since apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything you suggested Fergus and it was still the same bugs and same lag still. Unfortunately I've left Premiere for Resolve. I just cant waste any more time with this program that doesn't work with my setup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I defeinitely get it, Crista. Your experience is really frustrating and I'm sorry for that. 

I did just get off the phone with my colleague who doesn't see the same issue on her Mac Pro. However, she is putting the files you sent us on a simple timeline and playing it, which is obviously much less complex than what you're doing. Would you be willing to send us a project file that shows the issue? 

Also, I can't recall if you told me whether what you're doing (Mac Pro + C70/C300 footage + Premiere Pro + multicam) has ever worked well or whether you've always had this issue. Can you let me know? 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to contact you Fergus because your inbox is full. I have left premiere for Resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @cristaRock ,

Thanks for the message. Are you still having this issue? You say you have moved to another platform. I'll move your post to the Discussions board in case you still need help with this. Sorry for the letdown.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines