• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitle/caption track causes renders to disappear

Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendered areas of the timeline 'forget' their renders when subtitles are used.   I've seen this now for months on a feature that is fully substitled.  I've tried renders as ProRes Proxy and as I-MPEG, makes no difference.  Minutes - sometimes even seconds - after a timeline is fully rendered, the sections that are subtitled with the caption track have turned from green to yellow.   Premier v23.1, macOS 12.6.2.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks, @POwens - I am sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info. In troubleshooting this issue, what kind of drive are your video previews on? Is it a portable or remotely located drive like a NAS? Let me know.

I've been seeing this problem more recently, but I've experienced it myself in the past - although not related to captions. It's maddening and a colossal time waster. Upvoted. One should have the ability to relink render files more efficiently, as well. I feel this bug already exists, so I might merge it to get more attention. I'll send you an email with the new link if that occurs. Let me check. I will also see if I can locate a workaround while they fix this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.   All media is on a local Thunderbay 4 RAID.   Driving me insane - I can literally render the movie, sit back and watch sections of renders turn from green to yellow.   Usually seems to start from the end of the timeline and work backwards, though this is not consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@POwens,

Thanks for continuing to report this. I think there are some other reports, but I have not seen this behavior. I can't find links to other reports at the moment.

Your previous reports:

2/20/23:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/rendered-sections-of-timelines-with-caption-tracks-...

6/12, 23.4:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/renders-stll-disappearing/idi-p/13860640

6/26, still happening in 23.5:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/renders-of-captions-still-disappearing-in-23-5/idi-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stan.   Also worth noting is I've seen this on both Intel and M1 Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate