• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Settings never works

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here I am, for a hundredth time, this time on a new PC, doing a clean install of Premiere Pro. I do as instructed and try to sync my settings and nothing happens. Everytime there is a major update or I need to make a clean install of the program, I have to manually transfer all of my Settings, Workspaces, Keyboard Shortcuts and LUTs. It is getting annoying. Especially when the first compulsory crash will set you back 15 minutes because of the default Auto Save settings. 15 minutes is not a lot of time, but you do have to remember exactly everything you've changed and make sure you don't forget something. Why is it not working?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming you mean you can't download your settings to the new install? There's a couple things might be going on.

First, a lot of users don't realize you have to sync UP first. If you haven't synced up, there probably isn't anything set to sync down. So make sure you do sync your settings up if you change something.

Second, if you have your settings synced up, and still can't sync down, that typcially is a permissions issue with the OS on the new machine. There's a number of folders from the Program/Package folders through the Users and Documents folders that Premiere uses for those.

In my experience, that's where the trouble comes. Especially sometimes the OS will start with the assumption that it needs to write-protect the User and/or Document files, and doesn't allow one or more Adobe CC apps to actually write to them.

Another thing I ran into with the 'new' machine I'm on ... MS OneDrive was installed with the OS ... and that blasted mess had taken control of both the Users and Documents folders, and kept Premiere from being able to write to those places.

It took me three days of fighting with OneDrive before I finally got it banished, got control of my computer again, and could sync so all nine of my custom workspaces, my many presets, my keyboard shortcuts, all of it was where it needed to be to get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate