Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Report - Unsupported Video Driver - NVIDIA RTX A4000

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recieving this error when opening Premiere pro 23.2.0 (build 69):

System Compatibility Report - Unsupported Video Driver - NVIDIA RTX A4000.

Premiere Pro stills opens and I can edit the project however the program often crashes.

RTX A4000 is on Version 531.18 and is presumably using Studio driver (being an A4000) 'NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 530'.

I'm unable to roll back to the previous driver through NVIDIA RTX Experience. I clock the button and the rollback process fails.

This is surprising me as the A4000 is supposed to be reliable and it's the first time I've had a GPU driver issue in Premiere Pro.

Any suggestions? I have edit deadlines today.

Many thanks,
Will

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will have to use DDU to uninstall every single trace of the 531.18 driver, and then manually download and install the 528.49 driver. There is a known compatibility issue with all Nvidia GPUs running the 531.18 driver. And next time, try not to use GeForce Experience or RTX Experience to update the driver since it will download a bad driver at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I sent the error report to Nvidia and they send me a link to roll back. Out of interest, why do you advice against using GeForce Experience or RTX Experience to update drivers? The process is still manual and doesn't update automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason why not to use GeForce Experience or RTX Experience to update drivers is simple: The apps only have access to the very latest driver, which may be so buggy that only reverting back to a previous driver fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate