• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The problem of not moving the playhead smoothly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Windows 11 and reinstalled Premiere Pro to the latest version.
When I edit the video and move the playhead it doesn't move smoothly. I have tried everything I can find in the forum but the problem persists (lower first version installed - lower vga driver installed - different video codecs). please help me fix it.

I am using PC:
i9-12900k - RTX 3080Ti - 32GB Ram - 1TB SSD

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @tuananhlnca2k6,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format, tuananhlnca?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm using PP 2023 and I have a lot of slowdown in the interface for no reason, the most important being the timeline which is permanently latency as soon as I have more than 4/5 tracks.

Here are some examples of the problem:

Case 1: the timeline window takes up half of my screen

big interface.gif

Case 2: I minimized the window and it seems less bugs

small screen2.gif

So do you have any tips for solving this kind of problem?

I feel that it is only related to the interface, I work on the latest mac studio with the maximum configuration so it is not related to the performance of the computer but only to the performance of Premiere pro so .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Are those R3Ds, Célestin90? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuan... I have the same processor with 64GB but a 1070, and I'm not having any significant issues. As Kevin asked what are the source clips. 

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clips. Get the program from the link below and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip info: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original files it's BRAW but I read proxy, and I have same problem with any files, small or big

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I solved the problem without doing it, I updated macOS from Monterey to Ventura, and that solved the problem, PP showed me a popup window with "graphics updating" at launch and since then everything is ok, so I don't know what the problem was but it's solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the formats, but it seems the problem is with the interface. When I hide the effects controls tab or any tab with a small timeline next to it, the problem is fixed. This is my temporary solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently wrote here on the forum and Adobe employees tried to argue with me, who claimed that only I had problems with the Premiere program interface. I know what I'm talking about, not just "sparrow". That's the truth. Everyone who suffers like me with freezes, hear - this is a problem with optimizing the program interface itself. It is not adapted and is not productive, both on Mac and Win systems. Everyone who is silent, they just endure or wait until they get tired to write. THERE IS NO OPTIMIZATION, NO PERFORMANCE AND NO ADAPTATION FOR WORKING SYSTEMS. That's the problem. I have been testing switching workspaces in order and at odds for several seconds and am surprised from update to update that the workspaces switch horribly with stutters. They are displayed with delays. Engineers don't see this as a problem. Uhhhh. The favorite and "accelerated" display of SCOPES in several Pr updates has been working just terribly so far. They stutter and freeze for a while and this is not the limit. Right now I'm working with Adobe tools and I have no words. Everything is bad. I can't compare frames together normally in COMPARISON VIEW mode, as I have now identified an error, wrote on the forum, confirmed. Uhhhh. I'm getting tired of Premiere's mistakes quietly. Now there are even more of them than ever in version v. 23.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem too. 

Mac Book Pro m1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem - it's terrible. Also I hit stop, and the playhead stops a moment later - rubbish for accurate music editing.
Please fix! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, no one has come up with a solution to this problem. But it's very strange for my problem that it only happens when I edit directly on my pc, when I ask for help via teamview they edit very normally, no lag issues. From that I can tell that this problem is probably caused by something from the Premier interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's crazy that adobe doesn't care about this kind of, it's characteristic for this type of problem that the software is hard to use.
You pay for customer service to tell you that you are alone to one having this problem and therefore your computer fault..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @tuananhlnca2k6,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines