• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline zooming fully in or out when using Alt+scroll

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I'm not sure why, but for the last couple of weeks whenever I hold alt and scroll my mouse wheel, the timeline has been glitchy and either zooming all the way in, our out, seemingly at random. When I try to scroll slowly, you can see the width of the bar at the bottom of the screen recording slowly change, but it always tries to jump in the opposite direction of what I'm doing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKB4sybAAF4 

I can handle the bit of random counter zooming, but it's when it zooms 100% in/out of the timeline that is getting completely unbearable, it's making editing so frustrating. 

Any idea what could be the cause? thank you

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first step when premiere pro misbehaves:

try to reset the preferences

if the issue persists, post back please so we can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on version 23.5. It is very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried preference reset, tried workspace reset, tried reinstalling, tried everything. I went on screen share with adobe support and they couldn't find an issue with the software. When they tried the same thing on my machine, it didn't do it, which suggested a mouse error. They suggested I tried an an old mouse, and it doesn't do it on that. I have a Razer Basilisk Ultimate. Odd! It doesn't do it in any other software, just premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ROG Gladius II mouse. And I didn't have this problem before the Premiere Pro update. I can only assume that this bug started after this issue was resolved. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this exact same issue, and nothing I've searched seems to work. The only way I can use alt+scroll for zooming is if I scroll _very_ slowly, which is incredibly annoying when I need to zoom out after the bug happens and I'm zoomed into a single frame of the timeline. 

I'm not using any sort of fancy mouse or weird scrolling drivers, and I've tried resetting my workspace and everything that's normally suggested. This wasn't a problem until the last couple of months, and I'm not sure exactly which version it started on but I'm currently 24.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 24.0.3, windows. Same issue, nothing has fixed it thusfar. It must be a very niche issue considering the lack of attention this has gotten. But I edit enough that this bug has accumulated to waste several minutes of my life, and I want my alt zoom back

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same for me, I can't do a little zoom because it goes full, I tried using a 23 version and it doesn't happen there

Votes

Translate

Translate