• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Mixer Effects Bug

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to 12.1.0 there has been a bug related to audio track effects (I've specifically found it using the multiband compressor), but haven't tried to reproduce with other effects.

Basically, when re-opening premiere again after working on a project with a multiband compressor effect on a track, the effect won't be doing anything. In order to get it to work, I'll have to go into the mixer and toggle the preset to something else like "raise vocals" and then toggle it back to what it originally was (for me, "Broadcast"). Obviously, this is really inconvenient, as I have to do it every time I re-open a project. Though, an even much bigger issue is if other editors are opening the project, unaware of the issue, and changing the mix. I'll come in later and the mix will be totally off because it's not taking into account the compressors that were supposed to be on the track.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. It’s also been a long time since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. The settings will zero-out when opening a project, copying a project, or sending something to Media Encoder. For the latter, even after fixing the settings, they get lost on the way to Media Encoder. I use the Multiband Compressor on everything I do, so it is extremely time consuming to constantly have to re-enter settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact bug is happening to me as well. Very time consuming bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this as well. Specifically with the multiband compressor; when re-opening the project, the effect will not be doing anything until it is toggled between other presets (for instance, from "broadcast" to "Classical Master"). This is clearly a major issue, as other editors/assistants may open the project unaware of this bug and export cuts with the mix completely off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem with the Dynamics effect. It usually resets to zero whenever I duplicate a sequence (which I do often for version control) but retains its settings when I simply close the project and return to it later. This is especially frustrating as I am not using an effect preset--I use custom settings on different tracks. Since there is no way to save presets on track effects, I've started taking screenshots of settings so I can recreate them later, which is extremely frustrating and time-consuming. I hope this bug is a high priority for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Also occurs when Multiband Compressor is added to a clip as an effect. When sequence gets duplicated, gain levels on Compressor get reset to ZERO.

Tighten it up please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar Issue here. Duplicating sequence resets audio effects in 'Effect Controls'. A time consuming and sometimes not an obvious error! Please add it to your long list!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Tube-modelled Compressor. To re-activate the effect, I have to change a parameter or select a different preset, then return it to my original settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...Use the Tube-Modeled compressor as a compressor and limiter at lease once in every sequence...super time consuming to redo every time! Any fixes found yet? Or is there a way to copy and paste an adjusted effect within the audio track mixer as a work-around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is still not fixed in the latest update 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another casualty commenting here, caught by this major flaw. This bug needs to be fixed. It creates huge setbacks and an enormous waste of time having to switch settings just to reactivate the effect. A paid premium subscription should have this corrected by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue when duplicating sequences with the Mastering Effect. It shows up but is not activated. I basically have to apply it again each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrendous. Such an irritating time-wasting bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, duplicate a sequence and my multi-band compressor setting is not where it was set. P{lease fix Premiere gods!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening for me too...super frustrating...trying to figure out if there's a different process I'm overlooking and perhaps I should not be using premiere audio track mixer for my audio fx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround...well...sort of 🙂 Before duplicating a sequence if I OPEN the sequence in the timeline, then OPEN the Audio Track Mixer, then DOUBLE-CLICK the FX so that the Track Fx Editor window is open, and then go back to the Project folder and DUPLICATE the sequence...it will keep all of the audio FX. If I don't do that...then it wipes all of the parameters for the applied audio Fx. All my tests have been specific to the Tube-modeled Compressor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this bug is fixed in the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to see this fixed in the newest 2019 update, but unfortunately it is still an issue. Very frustrating and disappointing to see it has not been fixed for this many months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I use the Multiband Compression effect frequently, and find when I duplicate a sequence, not only does it set the gain to 0 for that effect, it turns it off entirely. Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening with us. Have to delete and readd multiband compressor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Me too. Such an insidious little error that I didn't notice at first, client had to point out drops in volume - very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been fixed? I'm using version 13.0.2 for Mac and haven't run into this problem since I updated from prior CC2019 which was terrible for this bug (as well as CC2017,18).

I'm interested to know if anyone else has found this problem still exists on 13.0.2, so I know if I still need to religiously check every compressor after I duplicate a sequence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today, January 24, 2019. Multiband Compressor was not working in the duplicated sequence.

Strange, because I duplicate all the time. I've probably duplicated 100x during the course of this project. This is the first time that this bug appeared. It is very time-consuming to deal with.

I am using cc13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines