• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe Sony FX9 source files does not work in PP v24.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating from Premiere Pro 23.6 to 24.0 on a Windows 11 system, it won't transcribe my Sony FX9 (UHD XAVC clip in MXF containter with 8 channels audio) anymore, while it works fine in the previous version. Also on a complete new PC, with fresh installed Windows and drivers, transcibing source clips wil not work in Premiere Pro 24.0 (specs PC below).

Issue: when I click transcibe source clip (in Text Panel, or in Project Panel) nothing happens. I can click as many times I like, but there is completaly no response. The buttons are not grayed out, so I seem to have the option.

And this is interesting: Transscibing other soucre clips (like mp4 video, wav of mp3 audio) does work. Also older Sony XAVC files, shot with a Sony FS7 camera do also work. Also the Generate Static Transcribt function with the Sony FX9 source files in it, is also working. It starts to render audio, which it then transscibes. 

Conclusion: something goes wrong with Sony XAVC files, shot with a Sony FX9 camera. Similar files (also MXF with 8 channels PCM audio) shot with a Sony FS7 camera are just working fine. I hope you can reproduce this, and find the issue, because I do like this feature. 

Additional information: Channel layout as I found in the XML files of the camera:
<AudioFormat numOfChannel="8">
<AudioRecPort port="DIGITAL-WRR" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH1"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH2"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH3"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH4"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH5"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH6"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH7"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH8"/>

Is that "DIGITAL-WRR causing the issue?

Specs of my PC:
Windows 11 Pro build 22621.2506 Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
RAM-geheugen 64,0 GB (63,8 GB beschikbaar)
Mainboard Gigabyte Z790 AORUS ELITE AX
Video Intel UHD Graphics 770 ánd NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
SDI output BlackMagic Decklink 4K Extreme with 12.7.1 driver

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

You found some of the threads dealing with this evolving issue. I updated a feature request that has a lot of the posts:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/audio-track-selection-for-source-media-transcripti...

The comment "Some MXF files with multiple mono channels are not yet working correctly" includes Sony cameras, the examples I have seen being FX series. Your report that FS series is working okay is interesting.

You might want to test in the Beta. The Beta can be installed independently from your production version(s). You do so from the regular CC Desktop.

See the Beta FAQs:
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate