• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription in Premiere is wildly inaccurate

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often said transcription in Adobe premiere is about 75-80% accurate. Now that I have worked with it extensively, it's more like 50%.  It does not distinguish between speakers, the punctuation is more like 20% accurate and it flat out rewrites what someone is saying.  Whisper Transcription is a helluva a lot more accurate (above 90%). And if I want the ultimate in accuracy, I have to pay $2 per minute - which gets really pricey.  Adobe was all proud of the text-based editing feature - and the idea is great in theory - but in practice it's terrible due soully to the failure of the transcription.  Why is a cheap program ($39 for lifetime access) so much better than the software that I pay over $600 a year for? And you can't import the better transcription into Premiere - so you're still doing things the old fashioned way and scrubbing throught he interveiws to find your quotes. I am not affiliated with whomever does Whisper Transcription. Just disappointed - once again - in Adobe.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Interoperability or 3rd party tools , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the filler word removal feature today and it's not nearly as clean as the other software we were using. Doesn't show what the filler word is in the transcript. Ignoring filler feature is buggy. And counts words outside of "um" and "uh" as filler.

Likely going back to using it versus using Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are you from? what language are you working with? What trade or technical terms are included? 

Transcription services are heavily influenced by those things, so a genreral comment of "it ain't accurate" unfortunately ain't of much use to fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate