• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription preference is disabled Version 23.4.0 (Build 56)

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcription preference is disabled Version 23.4.0 (Build 56)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

rafael,

I think you are referring to the word "Preferences" in that drop-down menu. It is just a group label. "Actions" at the top followed by menu options ("Create captions") and then "Preferences" followed by some display preference items ("Show Speakers").

The "Preferences" for actual transcription functions are Edit -> Preferences -> Transcription.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rafael,

I think you are referring to the word "Preferences" in that drop-down menu. It is just a group label. "Actions" at the top followed by menu options ("Create captions") and then "Preferences" followed by some display preference items ("Show Speakers").

The "Preferences" for actual transcription functions are Edit -> Preferences -> Transcription.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Stan, like rafael I was also looking in the menu of the Transcript window. I have to say, it's now more complicated than it used to be. I do appreciate the advantage of being able to carry the transcript with you wherever you move the clip Dynamic transcript) BUT it's impossible to transcribe only part of a clip on a timeline (or different clips on the same timeline) and have different preferences on different segments. I often record interviews in different languages and you have to separate the different languages on different sequences if you want to transcribe them in their entirety - that is, statically rather than dynamically. And to do so you have to dig up in the Preferences and change languages there. When I tried to add a trascription to an existing one, using Transcribe Only IN/OUT, Premiere crashed.

It was easier when you had a Transcript menu as in the version before 23.4 Build 56.  

Claudio

Votes

Translate

Translate