• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trimming broken

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry for going off topic Bruce, but I found a bug that is quite important to look into:

Hi

Trim seems to be sort of broken in 23.0.1. See my video https://youtu.be/MARSsi4eaS4. If you do a red trim on the left side of a clip all is fine, as soon as you try the right side it will behave differently according to the circumstances but it won't work as it should. When lassoing multiple clips, it will only do the bottom clip. When selecting a single clip, it will let you trim for 1 frame and then jump out of trim mode.

I confirmed it's a bug since in the previous version of premiere all was fine.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[broke out of the Metadata thread]

Sounds annoying, but I'm not a trimming expert. 

The video is good; step-by-step instructions would be even more helpful. 🙂

I've sent you (directly) some upload space, for an example project/supporting files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome I'll upload a test project to show you what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is a perfect illustration of the issue. It is apparent in 23.1.0 + didn't make the 23.2 fixed list so presumably still there?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put clip in timeline, with filler either side 

2. Select left side as dual roller trim + keyboard trim is repeatable 

3. Select right side and trim only occurs once before edit is deselected.

Only happens on right side of clip against filler. Apparent in timeline trimming + trim mode.

Workaround is to cycle trim modes to red one sided trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also seeing the same issue, and I use these trimming tools constantly. I've seen a couple videos demonstrating the problem which vary a bit. On my timeline, whenever a trim marker doesn't "match" the clip, it will deselect after the first trim operation, whether that is a drag, keypress, or trim button on the interface. Trim (red) and ripple (yellow) edits only work if the edit "bracket" is on the footage, not on the outside of it. For example, if the bracket points to the right at the start of a clip, then the trim will work, if the bracket points to the left, then the trim will fail. This makes it impossible to use ripple edit on multiple tracks when there is empty space on one side of the edit of one track. This is not project specific, it does this on every project file.

It gets weirder. Was just retesting this issue before posting and discovered that roll edits work on the start of clips, but not on the end. Ripple and trim edits fail as mentioned above no matter if they are at the start or end of clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Premiere Pro 23.3 and it's still not fixed.

This is so critical, it's the at the core of editing. I'm very dissapointed of getting multiples updates without fixing this bug. There's multiple reports on that exact same bug on this Support Community and it's still not a known issue :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/premiere-2023-1-0-unexpectedly-exits-out-of-trim-to... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/critical-trim-bug-in-premiere-pro-23-2-0-build-69/i...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/trim-selection-disappears-in-v23/idi-p/13539556

And here are video examples from other threads :

https://vimeo.com/808403032/cd9eabafbb

https://www.loom.com/share/103a9d37e9da46b4a961b9ccd4a23d15

Reseting preferences, emptying disk cahce and copying media to a new project does not fix the bug.

Currently using a Mid-2020 8-Core Intel iMac and a M1Pro MacBook Pro, both on macOS Monterey 12.6.5.

The bug is experienced with clips, multicam clip and other non-clip-based item such as titles and adjustment layer.

The expected behavior can be experienced on Premiere Pro 23.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be fixed in 23.4. I've been in touch with adobe about this issue for a few months now. My contact has assured me, it will be fixed in 23.4. I haven't updated from premiere 22 yet because of this issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"From the Editing team: This trim issue is fixed in PPro 23.4."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Was worried seeing no response from the Adobe team. Great to know it's been acknowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slight correction. I have been in touch with a very helpful adobe contact for months. I only mentioned this issue to him recently after which it has swiftly been bumped to the top of the priority list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having said that, this issue has been on this forum for months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is now fixed in 23.4.0 update

Votes

Translate

Translate