• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Pasting Clips to Specific Tracks in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering an issue with Premiere that just came out of nowhere today, in the middle of a work session. Suddenly, every clip I copy and paste into my sequences defaults to the V1 track, regardless of the track I have targeted or highlighted. I need to paste clips to say, V8, but they're all going to V1. Oddly, when I use the "Insert" or "Overwrite" functions from the Source Monitor, the clip is placed into the correct / selected track as expected. It's only the copy and paste function that isn't working properly.

Also usually the entire track highlights / becomes active, giving a lighter color to everything across the entire track I've selected, this isn't happening at all. 

I've attempted various troubleshooting methods such as resetting the software preferences, trying the steps in a different project, and even restarting Premiere Pro (and my software is up to date). Unfortunately, none of these have resolved the issue.

Dunno how much of this info anyone would need in order to assist, but I'm using Premiere Pro 23.4.0 (Build 56) on a Macbook Pro w/ 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 running MacOS Monterey 12.6.3.

I appreciate any guidance or advice you could provide to help resolve!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

As Ann mentioned, this is a new feature and not a bug. They added the ability to paste copied clips onto the same track from which they were copied, while also retaining the ability to paste them on the targeted tracks.

Go to your keyboard shortcuts and set them to your liking. For me, I've set "alt+v" to paste on same track, and "ctrl+v" to paste on targeted track.

It's a super useful feature once you get the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

@iterator wrote:

I'm encountering an issue with Premiere that just came out of nowhere today, in the middle of a work session.

Been there since june 2022

Paste to same track

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iterator wrote:

I'm encountering an issue with Premiere that just came out of nowhere today, in the middle of a work session.

Been there since june 2022

Paste to same track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann mentioned, this is a new feature and not a bug. They added the ability to paste copied clips onto the same track from which they were copied, while also retaining the ability to paste them on the targeted tracks.

Go to your keyboard shortcuts and set them to your liking. For me, I've set "alt+v" to paste on same track, and "ctrl+v" to paste on targeted track.

It's a super useful feature once you get the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm saying is, the software has always pasted to my targeted track. I've never used "paste to same track," nor had any need to, my workflow involves lots of tracks, lots of copying and pasting, occasionally shuffling clips around, and always pasting to my targeted track. I'm not denying pasting to the same track isn't a feature, I'm saying that command-v has always pasted to the targeted track for me, until yesterday when it mysteriously stopped working altogether and would only paste to the original track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sami – my keyboard settings had indeed somehow flipped to command-V being "paste to same track," suppose it can only be a glitch that did it, as I'd been working for hours pasting to my targeted tracks, before the function abruptly ceased to work (and I hadn't opened up my keyboard settings anytime recently). It's back to working now, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sami, I love you I love you I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Like iterator, I had the exact same story.  Was driving me crazy.  I just switched it in the Keyboard Shortcuts and when I tried it and it worked I yelled out "YES!!!!!!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate