• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ultra Key: Values in EC panel revert to previous state when a clip in the timeline is deselected

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be working on keying out a green screen and get a clip to where I am happy with it. Then I will go back to my timeline and click on something else, and bam, my Ultra Key paramaters will have reverted to some previous value that I had tested out while I was dialing things in. This will happen EVEN if I save immediately prior to deselecting the clip in the timeline. I have to make a mental note of all the values I chose or jot them down before I move on. In this screen capture you can watch the "pedestal" value change from 50 to 90. 

I have two different 2021 16" MPB M1 laptops and this happens on both of them. I have been putting up with it for at least a year but I think closer to 2-3 years. It might have even been happening when I was on my 2014 15" MBP, I can't remember for sure. It took me a long time to figure out what would trigger the bug and then a while before I caught it in action. It definitely happens a LOT when I am changing the parameters of the Ultra Key effect. I am not sure if it has happened with other effects as well. 

This has been an infuriating bug but I have been living with it for a long time! Someone please save me from my misery! 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?