• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media browser to the source or program panel.

But, I cannot drag and drop from the media browser to the project panel or a sequence, because those panels are on the secondary monitor. I also cannot drag clips from the project panel to a sequence, nor can I drag an effect from the effects panel (also on the secondary monitor) to a clip in a sequence.

There is however, a workaround. If I change the workspace to one of the default schemes that only occupy the primary monitor, then switch back to my dual monitor scheme, all the issues disappear until the next time I launch Premiere.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello xx,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just came here to report the same bug. The weird thing was everything worked fine on the first project I worked on with the update, but then when I started a new project the panels functionality was broken.

This includes using the ~ key for the fullscreen shorcut. There is a workaround for this at least. Select a panel in the main program window first, then hover over the other panel window and use ~ to make it fill the window. Pretty annoying though cause you have to constantly go click away to the main window then hover back to make it work again.

Really hope this gets fixed ASAP, this bug completely destroys my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually just found a full workaround at least in the main forums. It requires your custom window layout to be saved.

Open a project, then close any undocked panels/windows. Then use windows > workspace > reset to saved layout, and everything should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But does the fix continue to work after you relaunch Premiere?

I can't test right now because I've finished work for the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes me too. My project panel floats free on the second monitor and since 14.5 I can't drag anything within it, eg into a folder or to make a new item from a clip. But the workaround works for me too. I drag the project panel and dock it in the main monitor, then drag it out again and all drag functions return. No need to relaunch or change workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura Zusters & Jeremy Abbott - both your suggestions didn't work for me.

The only workaround that works for me is switching to a layout that only resides on the primary monitor (any of the default layouts) and then switching back to my dual monitor layout, and this has to be repeated every time Premiere is launched.

I tried saving changes to the dual layout after the workaround, and then relaunching Premiere and resetting to the saved layout, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very real and annoying bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, not only do you have to repeat the work around every time you launch Premiere, but you also have to repeat it when you close a project to open another (or reopen the same).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious; are any of you on Mac?
I'm on PC and would be interested to know if this issue is platform agnostic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has happened for myself also, the workaround posted below about choosing a layout with one window (I went for 'All Panels') was the only thing that worked for me.

This is a bad bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary Barlow, when you tried my workaround, did you close the floating window on your second monitor first? Just using the reset command doesn't fix it unless it's been closed. I forgot that crucial step this morning and spent a few minutes pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it wasn't working at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way Adobe has acknowledged this bug and that they're working on it. They started a thread about it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an abomination of a bug, and it speaks volumes that this passed quality assurance. Very ****** right now 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As horrible as this bug is for us, multiple screen users, since you can't drag and drop or zoom with the + and - buttons on Effects Control (or adding images to Essential Greaphics(!)), for example, I found a workaround that is working for me and stays usable even after reopening Premiere.

You would have to stack everyting in the main window of Premiere and manually expand that window to occupy the two monitors. I even saved as a new workspace called "BUG 2 Screens Temp" haha.

But yeah, hope they fix this very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Bad, bad bug for those of us with multiple monitors. Used to have this same bug in After Effects a year or two ago, but it went away afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this is so annoying! Our company needs to deliver tomorrow and it's just not possible to work on premiere anymore! come on, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe wants to make Divinci popular then just ignore this MAJOR issue. I have a 27 video series i just started and this issue makes it so that I will have to move the entire project to Resolve to get it done.
Premiere came to be the industry standard when Apple Dropped Final Cut Studio at version 8, and gave us a bunch of wack interfaces, and zapped most of the pro features. At that time Premiere was considered NON-professional though Ae was the #1 way to do great graphics. i was using Premiere then because it seemed to be coming along nicely. I Switch to Production Premium after use FC since version 3.0.

Now i have been using Resolve for the last year as a secondary NLE but keeping my client stuff in Premiere. Now i can not drag things from the source to the timeline or organize my media which again is MAJOR!!!!!

So i am having to move my first client project to Resolve. Adobe is forcing me to switch to Resolve with this bug.
I hope you get it fixed before i run 3-4 client projects in DaVinci because once i see that i can do 75% of my normal stuff in Resolve, I will not be paying my 6th year of CC.

I like Adobe Premiere but not enough to skip a check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget there is a simple workaround (see OP). If you have all your workspaces bound to keystrokes, it's even easier. Just make sure a panel in the primary monitor has focus before attempting a keystroke. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I have a terrible solution, which worked for me and unfortunately I am not joking!
Maybe it works for you, too, but no guarantees!

I took the program and the source panel, and dragged them to the first monitor
I let them "fall" into other windows in Premiere, like timeline, audio or other
keyboard worked directly
I pulled them back over to the other screen and it did work fine

this is so super annoying and is killing us creatives

I have been asking for dual monitor support by default for YEARS
Everybody I know in the industry uses at least two displays - which Adobe should know 100%

Where is that button: dual screnn and bang - two maximised windows on two separate screens!
Come on!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that the spacebar does not work in the Source window in a dual monitor setup. When I change the workspace to a single monitor setup, the spacebar works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I also have lost the three buttons to hide, minimise or close the browser window.

I hope Adobe are going to solve this quickly as it slows down workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem lately, too. Switching Workspaces back and forth fixes it temporarily, but it's a workaround we shouldn't have to deal with.

And the Workspaces bug still needs to be fixed! Workspaces and dual monitor setups don't work well together...and Adobe is well aware of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This has been killing me. I'm working on a huge project on Premiere 2020 and can't use my basic freaking keyboard shortcuts. Adobe, please help, this is no way for a professional to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is taking Adobe so long to fix such an egregious issue? Considering the significant monthly fee to use this software, I would expect more professional customer and technical support. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my monitors set up with the effects window in the secord monitor. Now when I adjust the placement of a clip a few pixels (or any other control outside the sequence window) I can't use the keyboard to play the clip, or my arrows to move between the clips without first clicking back into the sequence window.

Workaround for me was reverting to 14.2. But I've lost the new scene edit detection, which I use a lot.

Please fix this asap Adobe, this one is a workflow killer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines