• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media browser to the source or program panel.

But, I cannot drag and drop from the media browser to the project panel or a sequence, because those panels are on the secondary monitor. I also cannot drag clips from the project panel to a sequence, nor can I drag an effect from the effects panel (also on the secondary monitor) to a clip in a sequence.

There is however, a workaround. If I change the workspace to one of the default schemes that only occupy the primary monitor, then switch back to my dual monitor scheme, all the issues disappear until the next time I launch Premiere.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello xx,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New error. The tilde key to go full screen no longer works on any windows on a second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, having a ton of issues with a second monitor with the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary!

just came here to post exactly this.

On windows, have to reset to a default 1 screen layout and then drag my panels back to where I want them for keyboard input to work correctly.

Not at all irritating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Chater Berthet

Thanks so much Peter! This worked for me, but it takes a lot of time to rebuild the whole thing and you'd have to do it every time you start Premiere. This gave me an idea for a quicker fix and it worked.

My quick fix:

Drag your second monitor window into your main monitor to cover your other Premiere window. Using the dropdown menu change the layout to all panels. Then change back to your 2 monitor setup, drag your second screen window back onto the second monitor. Bingo.

You'll have to do this every time you time start premiere, but it only takes a few seconds.

EDIT: I'm on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR JUST HAVE ADOBE FINALLY FIX THIS!! IT'S BEEN HAPPENING FOR A LONG TIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best fix is to roll back to previous version of Premiere. Always a good rule of thumb if you are working at a professional level is to stay one version behind - or at least wait till you have no active projects - in order to avoid all surprise bugs. The small improvements in latest versions are rarely worth the risk of freezing up your work flow in the middle of a deadline. It actually is a good thing Adobe lets you roll back or dual install so easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone has their own variation of the workaround, but the easiest by far is save your dual screen layout and give it a keyboard shortcut, and give the default single screen layout another shortcut.
Then, each time you launch Prem, make sure a panel on the primary monitor has focus (because keyboard shortcuts won't work if focus is on the secondary monitor), and use your keyboard shortcut to switch to the default layout, followed by your shortcut to switch to your dual layout.
Two keystrokes and you're set for the rest of your session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen several work arounds now. But this is the simplest for me. As soon as I open a project, I launch the default ’assembly’ workspace. I don’t do anything to it, just click reset. Then I open one of my custom workspaces and it works normally for that session. Yes, it is irritating as it should be fixed by now... but it only takes a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Graham Austin
What do you mean by "just click reset"?
I'm looking for the fastest & easiest workaround I can find. 🙂

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry
Go to window/ workspaces/ Reset to saved layout. Sometimes, just opening the default Adobe workspace is enough to get my customs workspaces working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer, that didn't work on my machine. I still had to manually move my Project window to the 2nd monitor.

It appears the issue still exists, even after just updating to the latest version: 14.6.0 (Build 51).

The sadness continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 14.7.0 (Build 23), Workspaces still not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s on their list of “known issues”. It’s been an issue for a very long time! They need to fix it already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
Je pense avoir un problème similaire. A la lecture de ce post, j'ai basculer la fenêtre vers l'autre moniteur et tout fonctionne a nouveau. Je n'ai ce problème que depuis la dernière mise à jour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. It's super annoying and time-consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add another bug to this - when Premiere Pro is Maximized in one screen, part of the window is leaking to the second screen and Transmit playback stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 here. I mostly experience it while trying to drag effects to my clips on a timeline that is on a different display. If I move the timeline to the same display where my effects panel lives, it drag-and-drops fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also an issue here and to be perfectly dramatic, it's ruining my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project panel, I cant move items into bins after import. I have to select the bin i want to import into and then use the media browser. Otherwise that file will just sit there in my project panel with no way to move it or organize my project. Drag and drop from finder into my project no longer works either. How adobe continually releases updated versions that are more broken then previous versions is beyond me....

There's all sorts of secondary monitor bugs as well, just another bug filled wonky mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello xx,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines