• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 23 ...Random Black frames during playback and even scrubbing.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found similar bugs reported in the community and some workarounds but nothing that exactly matches the problem I'm experiencing. 

While playing the timeline or scrubbing... one video track will randomly turn black for a few frames then come back. it happens randomly throughout the entire timeline. if I scrub back over those frames a few times it will show them and I can even start playback again and see those frames. but then just blank out somewhere else.    It only does it on one video track.   if I have more than one with a mask, the track with the mask will turn black except for the mask which still shows the bottom track as it should..with no black.  But if I only have one video track then the video just blanks out for a few frames on that track. Doesn't seems to matter what track... it's very random.   tested on multiple projects and new projects with different footage sources and formats. seems to make no difference. 
Attached is  track matte and ultra key on the upper video track.   but this happens on project on a single track with no effects also. 

The Exported video does not have any black frames thankfully. it just doing it while editing which makes it hard difficult to make sure cuts and transitions are happening where I want them. slows down the process significantly but not the end of the world.  

Things I have already tried 
Changing the render from mercury playback engine to software only. 

Clearing Media Cache

Resetting all preferences to default. 

Been using Adobe CC an entire year with no issue until it updated to version 23 and that's when this problem seemed to start.   The only solution so far was to downgrade back to the previous version 22.6.2. .no more blanking out

Specs 
Ryzen 7 3700x
RAdeon RX 5700XT
32gb of Ram. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hello @Spyder0 ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? I appreciate the info you provided already.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spyder,

Have you tried updating the GPU drivers? A clean reinstallation can sometimes help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clean install of Premiere? did that. twice.  Updated GPU drivers also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spyder,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Can you try downgrading GPU drivers for now? 517. xx. That should work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Spyder0 ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? I appreciate the info you provided already.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines