Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waves VST3 plugin issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just started to use two Waves VST3 plugins in my Premiere Pro workflow. However there are 2 issues that have come up:

1) Premiere Pro's auto voice transcription engine doesn't work if any Waves plugins have been applied - I get the "RawPCM (Exporter:17)" error.  The workaround is to transcribe and caption prior to applying the Waves plugins.

2) My usual workflow is to send the completed Premiere Pro file to Media Encoder, where I have some user-genenerated presets that optimize the video at various framerates, crops, and with/without capctions. Sending the above Premiere Pro file to Media Encoder and selecting an output preset that ignores captions doesn't work. In other words, Media Encoder is rendering the Premiere Pro captions regards of whatever I  in Media Encoder. The only workaround here is to manually turn off the Premiere Pro caption track in the sequence timeline.

Note that sending a Premiere Pro sequence (no Waves plugins) with captions, to Media Encoder set to output captions, works great.

I've tried using a different machine and OS, but I get the same result.

I've approached Waves for help. They say boths issues are Adobe issues because they can repeat the problem using other VST3 plugins, such as ones from FabFilter. Waves advise I raise the issue with Adobe. So here I am. 

The tech details:
MacBook Pro 64GB of memory, OS X 12.6.1, Premiere 23 and (now) 23.1
Mac Studio  64GB of memory, OS X 13.0.1, Premiere 22

I've got a couple of screenshot videos I've made to document the issue. While I'm not comfortable posting them to a public forum, I'm happy to send them to anyone upon request.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

@Kevin-Monahan yes, the issue has been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legeeman,

Can the devs get more info about system, media, and version of Premiere Pro? How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan apologies - I'm new here 😉

Macbook Pro 16in late 2021
CPU/GPU: Apple Silicon M1
64GB unifies memory, 8TB internal storage (less than 30% currently in use)
1TB external SSD for scratch disk.

Video input format: varies. Mostly MP4 1080p 25fps (default coming out of a Canon R6 camera). Sometimes 4K using CLog 3).

Audio input format: 48KHz 32-bit stereo AIFC format
Premiere Pro v23.1.0 (build 86)

Media Encoder v.23.1 (build 81)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth mentioning that Waves support could reproduce the issue at their end, on their own machine.

I don't have many details, other than the following that I received from them:
Apple Silicon OS Ventura with Premier 22, both with Waves plugins and FabFilter plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @legeeman,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If I'm not incorrect, this issue was resolved last year.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back to me more than a year later?
You're kidding, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @legeeman,

Thanks for the response. I've been tasked with cleaning up the Bugs forum these past few weeks. This is new ground for me as I typically address support and how-to issues in the Discussions forum. I hope you don't mind. Are you still experiencing this negative issue? I believe it was fixed, and I wish to close the bug report if that is the case. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan yes, the issue has been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines