• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I push to all captions on track, it doesn't apply the align and transform options

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm adding subtitles, I want to move the position of all subtitles on the track but when I click push to all captions on track, or style in project, it doesn't update the align and transform options. Every other setting gets updated except this one. I found a workaround where I select every subtitle before applying the transformation but it would be nice if this feature worked.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sibilla,

Interesting. I see now that you can use the "push" command even if you haven't created a style. And if you have created a style and modified it, you can push it. But it does not work the way you expect.

Set your caption style properties in one segment. Create a style. Without using push it automatically applies that style, including position, to all captions in the track.

Still think about whether the push is intended to work when it is not pushing an actual, created style.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones having tried this, the caption transform gets pushed only if you choose the option to push it to Style in Project. My process was to create captions from auto-transcribe, correct what it got wrong, make changes to style on one specific caption, then save that as a style in the project. Then if I update the style, the transform and align cannot get pushed to the captions in track, only to the style in the project. And even then some of the captions don't get that style applied to them. It's very arbitrary and obtuse as to what is happening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akshay30014633pt4n,

Thanks for your information. That is useful, and helped me sort this a bit further.

1 - Push to captions in track updates the captions and does not update the style itself.

Does not update alignment.

2 - Push to style in project updates the style, which will also update any captions that have that style applied.

Updates alignment.

In my tests, as long as the style was applied to all captions, it updated correctly. If you have changed a property of a caption (and did not push to style in project) and then change another caption and push that style, the first caption still shows style <modified> and does not update.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stan Jones yes this seems to be what's happening. It causes problems when, e.g., I have two sequences of the same video but in different aspect ratios. I want my captions to have the same appearance, but have different align and transform properties for vertical or horizontal video. I think this needs to be fixed, I don't want to make two separate styles in the project and then having to keep syncing them when I make changes or adjustments to appearance, at the same time I don't want to push an align change that works for a vertical video but completely screws up the horizontal video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate