• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are Phantom camera .cine files all of a sudden pixelated?

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - about two years ago I was working with some Phantom camera files. Everything worked great. I had to revisit the project today all of the .cine source files look really pixilated in the blacks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. Phantom .cine files have bright "dead" pixels in Premiere despite showing up without any issue in Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I noticed it looks fine in Resolve. Not sure how to get a answer on this. Maybe I have to load up an old version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  lookslike I'll have to go to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - same issue here - looks good in Resolve but at least 5-6 dead pixels in Premiere Pro and AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a followup on this: I have looked through older footage from our Phantom Camera an the dead pixels are consistent, meaning they are in the same place throughout, so it seems to be actual dead pixels on the sensor and not some kind of render error.

According to this document https://phantomhighspeed.my.salesforce-sites.com/servlet/fileField?id=0BE1N000000kD2i 

on page 35 the camera does not compensate for dead pixels. It is entirelly up to the decoding software. So it seems that Resolve has this in place but not Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Sorry about the issue. Which OS are you using? Also, let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

KR

Moving to discussions from bugs for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for your repsonse - I'm running OS Venture 13.4.1 & Premiere 23.60. I attached an screen shot of how the phantom footage looks when loaded in premiere. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Can you share some sample files with us to test and share the download link with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html

^KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I am experiecning the exact same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another project with the same problem. It appears to be in the blacks only. There has to be more people experience this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem.
We desperately need a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having likely the same issues here. Seeing it across numerous phantom clips - some recent, some older. These clips played back fine for me in previous versions of Premiere on Intel processors; current issues are in the latest version of Premiere and have been seen on M2 MacStudio and M1 MBP - issue appears to be on M chip machines. Confirming that clips do indeep play back and debayer correctly in DaVinci Resolve. Have a library of hundreds of phantom clips would prefer not to have to bake a bunch of transcodes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're having the same problem as well. Up until now we've been able to bypass the problem by opening the intel version of premiere via the creative cloud app (found when klicking the three dots next to the open-button by the premiere pro app in creative cloud.) BUT!! This workaround seems to have dissapeared with the latest versions of Premiere Pro. D'oh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines