• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows file browser freezes Adobe Premiere

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Ever since I updated to Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 I've been having this problem. When trying to export a video and clicking on the file location, it opens up the windows file exporer. However that pop up window never appears. I think it's stuck off screen or behind the window of Adobe itself. I can't figure out a way to make it re-appear. This also happens when trying to browse through my luts, while using Lumetri Color and opening the File browser. basicly any form of task that should make the windows file browser appear can trigger this. However it's not every time, it seems to happen randomly.

In short, triggering a task that shoul open windows file browser (browsing luts, export location etc.) freezes premiere.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.1
  • Operating system - Windows 10 and Windows 11 22H2
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 4.20 GHz

• GPU and Driver Version - Radeon 6800 - 22.11.2 (also previous versions, I've tried multiple and clean installs)

• RAM - 32,0 GB Corsair vengeance 3200

• Hard Drive Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2 TB and  970 EVO 1 TB

• Video format: BRAW video from BMPCC4k camera and H264 video from Panasonic Gh6 (4k50fps max)
  • Workflow details: happens in multiple projects, no specific details besides from performing a task that should trigger the windows file browser to open. Such tasks are: browsing a lut in lumetri, browsing export location.
  • Steps to reproduce - Trying to browse anything as mentioned above. 
  • Expected result - Open windows file browser.
  • Actual result -  Freezes, but not fully. Rarely I can get it to work again by smashing different hotkeys on the keyboard. It's as if it's just in a loading state. Windows stock sounds, please just check the video.

Please see the video:
https://youtu.be/aGObIAup8VY

At that point all i can do is open task manager and close premiere pro, because nothing works, everything is frozen as adobe assusmes I have to be in the file browser, but I cannot see the file browser.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics , Import and ingest , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice bugreport!

Might want to check out the latest beta version with several bug fixes. See if that works any better your you.

Votes

Translate

Translate