• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1:1 Crop - how to do it?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I want to do a 1:1 crop for part of footage. Otherwise, my video is a normal 1920 x 1080 ratio. I could just apply cropping but the issue is that i want to adjust the position of the footage and *then* add basically a "look" of 1:1 vintage-esque crop but still within the same sequence. I started doing this in a second sequence but as soon as I pulled over the newly positioned footage onto a sequence that I changed to 1080 x 1080, as soon as I moved this into the main video sequence timeline, it changed back to 1920 x 1080. How does one do this? Thank you!! 

I'm including a normal 1920 x 1080 footage as well as the cropped look I want. How can I include both in a video? Again with being able to first adjust the positioning (say if i want my head a bit more centered before I apply the 1:1 ratio "crop"). 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

One way to achieve this is create a solid layer (say black if you want a black background to your images) in your Project panel - click the 'new item' icon down in the bottom right hand corner of your project panel, choose 'black video'- now add this on top of the video layer in your sequence (V2). Now add a mask to the 'Black video'. Choose a square mask in the opacity controls for the this layer and adjust it to the size and shape you want. Now click the 'inverted' check box found under the 'm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to achieve this is create a solid layer (say black if you want a black background to your images) in your Project panel - click the 'new item' icon down in the bottom right hand corner of your project panel, choose 'black video'- now add this on top of the video layer in your sequence (V2). Now add a mask to the 'Black video'. Choose a square mask in the opacity controls for the this layer and adjust it to the size and shape you want. Now click the 'inverted' check box found under the 'mask' controls under opacity. You'll now have a layer that reveals the video underneath (V1) in a whatever shape you created.

You can now move/scale the video layer (V1) around to position it as you want inside the box without affecting the positioning of the frame.

You could also add another layer (white color matte from 'new item' menu), move your existing black layer to V3, and add the 'white' layer to V2. Add a mask to this layer as above but this time make the mask slightly smaller than before (don't forget to invert the mask). What you'll now have is a white border on your image. Adjust the mask on this layer to choose how wide you want the borders.

Alternatively you could also do the above in Photoshop and create a 'frame' and bring this into Premiere Pro.

Another way would be to create a 1080x1080 sequence, place your video elements and position them in the frame as you like. Now drag this sequence into your 1920x1080 sequence and it will maintain the square shape. Scale it inside your 1920x1080 sequence to the size you want. You can also add a solid color underneath to have any color you want as a background and add an additional white layer that you crop to again add a border around the 1080x1080 layer if you like.

In this case you would have your color layer on V1, the white and cropped layer on V2 and the video layer on V3. Adjust the crop effect on the white layer to choose how wide you want the white borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay! I'm gonna try this out and get back to see if i get it! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines