10 bit 4:2:2 footage has been broken on M1 Apple Silicon since July

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell between my own six month usage, and all the other posts detailing the same issues, this pretty much only applies to 10 bit 4:2:2 footage.  Same issues on 2 different M1 Macbooks.  I'm FED UP.  The stuttering, the start/stop lag, the crashes, audio cracks, the lumetri color panel being almost completely broken and incorrect, auto white balance tool is broken, preview monitor is not accurate, leading to wildly inaccurate exports, "export frame" function captures frame with the proxy burned into them, even with the proxy turned off.  There was a span of 2 months where we could not even EXPORT any clip, project, sequence that had any 4k 10 bit 4:2:2 footage without an insane line-skipping glitch that was well documented.

Is everyone at Adobe using 5 year old machines to test and debug this software?  It is a NIGHTMARE on new Apple machines.  

Give me an in person appointment at Adobe HQ and I'll gladly come in and show you all this insanity.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also sad about Premiere's performance. I do not know what they are implementing there to speed up viewing, but it only gets worse. In the last update v.22.2, I began to slow down and think for a while when playing on the timeline. I have the same situation as you with media 4:2:2 only on the Win 11 system.

Premiere Pro 22.2 - poor HEVC 4:2:2 4K playback wi... - Adobe Support Community - 12738256

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @exclusivemoose ,

Sorry for this problem. We have done some export improvements in the latest beta builds. You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please try and let us know how it goes in the beta build. If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage. We will check it at our end and take quick action.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines