• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10 minutes of blank space at the end of timeline

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i create a new project, there are 10 minutes of blank space at the end of the my timeline. it's not part of my videos, and when I render everything the blank space won't be included, but it's just annoying having so much dead space when I try to zoom out, and it makes zooming right in a nightmare as I can barely control the slider. 
there is always exactly 10 minutes of blank space. if my video is 4 minutes, the timeline will be 14 minuts.
Again, this blank space does not render as part of my video, it's just a huge blank space on my timeline. while editing.
I've looked everywhere but have so far been unable to find a solution.
Is there anything i can do to shrink this blank space a bit? I'm at a loss. I've scoured every obscure forum, read through my preferences about 50 times, tried everything i can think of, but nothing is working. please help.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caelin5CBB_0-1636162545807.png

here's an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caelin,

How frustrating. If there's not Out point set, you might have an errant frame lying out there in no man's land. Can you click with the All Tracks Forward tool near the last frame of your video, then press Delete. Has that solved it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin
unfortunately no, there's definitely no loose frames. As I say, this happens on every new project I create. I've tried marking in and out points, but it does not remove that blank space. pressing \ zooms me out and, curiously, only shows my tracks, but the blank space is still there. Example:

Caelin5CBB_0-1636164155705.png

as you can see, there's still a huge blank space on the bottom slider. clearly, premiere pro knows the blank space isn't part of my project, yet for some reason it isn't getting rid of it? very strange.
I'm at a complete loss as to what could cause it, it's been an issue across multiple projects of mine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Caelin5CBB  I feel strongly it likely still is a loose frame, as Kevin believes, although I will suggest another approach to trying to weed it out:

1. Enable track targeting for ALL of your tracks (currently none are targeted). This will matter for the next step.
  2. Move your playhead towards the end of the end
  3. Use the Next Edit Point command (Down on the keyboard by default) repeatedly.
  4. See if and where the playhead stops. It will stop at any edit point on any targeted tracks. Usually with this approach you can weed out any isolated frames of audio or video.

If you TRULY don't have any clips after your edit, the playhead will never advance beyond the last frame of your edit. If the playhead jumps ahead, it's found something else.

If that still doesn't work, perhaps it could be an issue with your export range in the export settings window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines