• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10Bit NVEC Encoding in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere 2020 latest can not export 10 Bit with NVEC, only Software, is an very buggy Encoder. NVEC have 10Bit 420.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use HEVC to get 10bit:

NVENC matrix.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, function only with Software, no NVEC.

Gruss R.Wunderlin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is a hardware limitation of all Nvidia GPUs. None of them - not even the newest Ampere architecture - support 10-bit hardware encoding. Nvidia hardware NVENC is permanently locked at hardware level to 8-bit. No editing software can change that.

Plus, if you really intend to export as 10-bit H.264, you must use software-only encoding no matter which software you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"not even the newest Ampere architecture - support 10-bit hardware encoding"  - Your information is wrong. It's works just fine if you use right software. Tested on  nvencc:  https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I went by the official specs from Nvidia itself. Big companies like Adobe are bound to the official hardware company specs when implementing the encoders.

What I really meant to say that even Ampere officially supports only 8-bit H.264 hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see, OP did not asked about 10bit h264 specifically, only about 10bit hardware encoding in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Encoder give me an erroremessage and stop,
i must change to Software Encoding. My Player will not H.264
H.265 is betther.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Geforce RTX 2080 Super it support NVEC 10 Bit, on the Davinci Resolve funtion this wit no Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Davinci Resolve can export NVEC H265 10Bit, the Geforce 2080 RTX have 10Bit NVEC, you will ony not programm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the most recent post:

Adobe's hardware encoder has not changed significantly since it was first introduced with Premiere Pro 14.2. At that time, it was anticipated that most (if not all) H.264 and HEVC exports were 8-bit and 4:2:0. So, Adobe engineers at that time locked the hardware encoder to 8-bit-only. That has not changed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines