• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

15.4 M1 Premiere Program Monitor freezes frequently as editing session goes by.

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 Macbook brothers and sisters,

My Program Monitor freezes a lot in 15.4 M1 native version. Monitor freezes, but timeline still moves. Nothing I can do to play monitor, but quit and reopen PR. Do you have the same issue? Almost every editing session I encounter this issue.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of footage? Have you done any troubleshooting like deleting media cache or deleting preferences? Let us know, outkasta.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

They are A7M3 HLG2 footages. I haven't done that. How do I delete media cache or preferences? For my intel Mac, I never encounter this issue, not to mention this frequently. So I don't really know the methods you mentioned. 

I feel like it's a M1 kind of thing, because I never have my program freezes while timeline can still be played. So I report it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*never have my program monitor freeazes while timel;ine can sitll be played.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @outkasta , 

Can you please share any media file which is causing the issue ? (and possibly screen recording of the issue)

We would check at our end and revert back with details.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the eact same issues an it is annoying to say the least. My assitants do not have that issue at all and they are woking on intel iMacs.  I have a macbook pro M1 16 inch with 32gb memory. I am editing pro res lt footage on a desktop lacie with 250/mbps drive speed and my media cache is running off an external ssd. I do not want to up version to the 2022 PP as it has soo many unusable glitches still that I found 15.4.1 as the better of the two evils. Please revert to us so we know what the issue can be how we can remedy this asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, @outkasta has not yet returned to the discussion. I hope we can hear back to find out if they solved the issue. I hope so!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues. The Stats are showing no issues in terms of CPU, GPU, or RAM. I have cleared the Media cache, and I'm viewing  at 1/4 in the program monitor. The files I'm using are 1080, 30fps, MP4s recorded from my phone. Very basic timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I found that the issue with me was that I was hosting the project folder and footage on my external hard drive. Moving the entire project file including footage onto the Mac itself fixed the issue perfectly. 

My workflow now consists of editing the footage on the computer itself, and then moving the project onto an external after I'm done.

Hope this helps everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thats a shame it has to be like that to work. I am working on a feature film so that is not viable in my situation as it would terrabytes of footage. I am wokring off a desktop lacie and disk speed test says it runs 200-300mbps so it should be fast enough, have my media cache to an external SSD. This used to work fine before but for some reason not anymore 😣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear about your playback ills. I also have an M1, but I have not tried any sequences that challenged the machine yet, so I haven't seen these issues. I'll see if I can simulate something so I can offer additional advice.

One known issue for the M1 is that you should be allocating at least half the machine's RAM to the application. Can you check that out in Preferences > Memory? Restart Premiere Pro after changing this preference for Premiere Pro to take on more RAM.

My rule of thumb on this one: longer timeline? It would help if you had a lot of RAM for that. If you are still experiencing trouble, you may want to divide your timeline into smaller chunks, like three or four separate sequences, like Act 1, Act II, Act III, etc. That's what I do for really RAM-intensive projects like features and docs.

Come on back with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines