Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

2020 Mac Premiere Pro Installer needed

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach Adobe products in a public high school on 12 year old iMacs that won't update past High Sierra, meaning that the latest version of CC i can use is 2020. 

Does ANYONE have a way for me to get the installer dmg file for Premiere Pro and Illustrator 2020 so that my students can complete their work?

We had it on all computers, but there was an issue where we had to uninstall Premiere. When we went to reinstall, our direct download link from Adobe was broken. When I called support and talked with them for an hour, they told me repeatedly that they do not have the dmg file anymore and can not help me other than searching this forum - that my best shot would be to ask for help from an "expert user". 

Please help! These students are tested on 2020 versions of the software. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Dear Jackie,

Sorry for your issue with the legacy iMacs with an older macOS version and the current versions of Premiere Pro. This is a terrible situation. Sorry!

Concerning the installation of legacy Creative Cloud software in an educational environment, like a high school, contact the IT administrator for your school district. It's possible that they still have legacy versions of Premiere Pro to install. They are the sole keepers of any installers for Creative Cloud applications in an educat

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe now offers the current and ONE older version via the online program manager
Go here for all older links https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html
-Prodesigntools is an official Adobe partner, and the links go to Adobe, not a 3rd party site

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-you should ALWAYS keep a copy (or two!) on an external device
-since Adobe DOES SOMETIMES REMOVE OLD VERSIONS FROM THE SERVER
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Jackie,

Sorry for your issue with the legacy iMacs with an older macOS version and the current versions of Premiere Pro. This is a terrible situation. Sorry!

Concerning the installation of legacy Creative Cloud software in an educational environment, like a high school, contact the IT administrator for your school district. It's possible that they still have legacy versions of Premiere Pro to install. They are the sole keepers of any installers for Creative Cloud applications in an educational space.

Sorry for the poor advice from our support agents. Our experts do not have copies of our software and cannot distribute them. I will have to remedy that situation. 

You are in an educational environment and have different software licensing constraints than a standard Creative Cloud user. That is why I suggest using your IT administrator to solve this issue. If your IT administrator cannot fulfill this task, please let me know via private message, and I can escalate your case.

Is it possible to update to newer computers in the not-too-distant future? A twelve-year-old computer might be a bridge too far for a computer lab designed to help current students. Apart from that, I hope we can solve this issue so you can return to teach your current class.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines