• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Audio Track Mixer

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do adjust audio on-the-fly using audio track mixer.  Can't get the audio level adjustments to stick no matter what mode I use (touch, write, etc.).  I have "Display Track Keframes" selected on timeline.  Am I missing something?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Ed

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work with the Track Mixer set to 'Touch' ... and am not having any troubles. Whether or not I turn on displaying the keyframes, it writes the changes in.

So to make sure ... when you play back, listening, it isn't making changes to what you're hearing? (Not to the clip keyframes, but to what you hear out of your system speakers.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear the changes when I ride the fader but they are not saved, whether audibly or visually (keyframes).  Just to make sure, this is only in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "not saved" ... not saved visibly as keyframes on the clips?

Or not save audibly when you close/reopen the project?

I'm wondering if it's thinking of the clips as clip keyframes, and the Clip mixer and Track mixer are not the same. You can move clips around, and the settings from the Track mixer will stay with that spot on the sequence, they're not part of the clip per se.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. They're not committed to the timeline and I the level changes are not audible if I play back.  I'm working with the track mixer open and track Keyframs set to 'volume'.  I recall from previous edits that, when things worked correctly, as soon as I stopped the sequence playback, the keyframes would populate the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The behavior I get ...

- Track Mixer volume changes made during Write or Touch then show in the Track Mixer panel as the volume level for that track moves according to how I'd moved it during recording changes.

- No Track Mixer changes ever show on the clips of specific tracks. Nor do the individual tracks show on the Mix audio track at the bottom of Audio section of the timeline.

- The ONLY keyframes that show are the ones from the output section of the Track Mixer, which show on that bottom Mix track.

But the changes I make with the Track Mixer to the volume settings do stick. They just only show with motion of the Track Mixer volume 'tool', never as keyframes on the timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines