• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Won't export the beginning and end of my video

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, good luck getting my video to play in the timeline without freezing. BUT... when I export my video, the first 2 seconds are black, then the video freezes on the first video frame. Then it plays until the end where it just feels the need to cut off the last few seconds of audio. What happened Adobe? Why did you put so many bugs in 2023? 

How do I get my video to actually export how it is in the timeline? 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting behavior that is very odd, and very unique.

And didn't share one bit of useful information so we can troubleshoot with you to fix this.

So ... OS/CPU/GPU/RAM ... what is the media involved? Made by ... what? Any effects applied?

That at least would start the process of getting your troubles sorted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Pro

Memory 16 GB

Monterey 12.3 21E230

Media is MOV. 

No effects applied. 

I edit several videos a week but since the 2023 update, I can't get anything to work. I'm forced to edit in Davinci and I feel that since Premiere is now eating up my CPU and freezing up in the timeline, as well as it won't export correctly, Davinci is my new go-to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it in several export settings. Each time, it fails. So I can give you 10 different screen caps of 10 failed exports. 

Keep in mind, others are talking about how the CPU is dying with the update and how the timeline won't play. This isn't just me. 2023 seems to be a piece of _____. Two videos last night I had to rebuild in 2022 and export... they exported just fine. It's not my settings, it's the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is used by several million people daily. You report a couple instances of X behavior, and clearly assume they are happening to nearly everyone.

That's a not unusual first response. It's also not an accurate one.

I also work in Resolve daily ... and am on the LGG and BlackMagic forums daily. Resolve has its own issues with performance for certain users. As does Avid, by the way. Software being ... soft.

But in the end, these are only tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works for your needs, that's fine. Doesn't matter to me what tools you use.

But if you actually want to troubleshoot, so you could work in both Pr and Resolve ... then continue the discussion. Including things like have you trashed your preferences file ... a typical way to get out of bad Pr behavior.

Or ... other things. Even simple uninstall/reboot/reinstall.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got online with support. Gave them access to my computer. They messed with it for an hour and couldn't fix it. Instead of actually fixing the issue, they just logged off without saying anything. My favorite part is when they didn't fix it, but just said "Williams is it working fine?" when it clearly was having the same issue. 

Adobe customer support is a winner. 

Date: 2022-11-04 04:35:34 +08
Please check it once.

Date: 2022-11-04 04:39:10 +08
Williams is it working fine?

Date: 2022-11-04 04:39:36 +08
Are you being serious? It’s still not working

Date: 2022-11-04 04:39:50 +08
Alright let me check.

Date: 2022-11-04 04:42:07 +08
Anjali (Adobe) is performing task: Activity Monitor

Date: 2022-11-04 04:53:54 +08
Anjali (Adobe) has stopped viewing the customer's screen.

Date: 2022-11-04 04:54:01 +08
Anjali (Adobe) can now have full access to customer's computer.

Date: 2022-11-04 04:54:21 +08
Anjali (Adobe) has stopped viewing the customer's screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's ridiculous. Sorry for wasting your time. Can you PM me your Adobe ID or case number? I can escalate your case. What kind of footage is this? Which camera shot it? Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines